Feel good factor

For topics that are specific to the USA, please go here.
Paul Carmel

Feel good factor

Post by Paul Carmel »

How's it going in the States? This is not a political question but more a test of the market now BO has taken over.

We tried VRBO in the past and got bugger all, and I wonder if it's time to address it again given the above situation. We tend to get one or two bookings from the US each year and feel we could get better from this market. So my question is, what is the general feeling on the other side of the pond: buoyant? positive? or different face same s**t?
Cheers
PC
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

nope. still not good (IMHO).

People are, of course, more hopeful, but the reality of the economic situation seems to be the same as the rest of the world; people are afraid of loosing jobs, credit, etc. and I don't think they are booking holidays at the same rate as usual.

I get mostly American bookings for my HR in Italy and things are pretty quiet for January...a few people thinking about summer dates...but not a lot of commitment. That said, I don't think it is all bad for HRs - people who ARE travelling abroad seem to be looking at costs more than ever and realizing a rental can really save a family quite a bit of money compared to hotels and eating out all the time! The exchange rate isn't nearly as horrible as it was a few months ago...$1.35 or so to the Euro instead of $1.65 (!), so, that should help I would think :-)
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

Paul, four enquiries and two bookings so far from the USA this year.
A-two

Post by A-two »

It's the best $ exchange rates for about 5 years for Americans traveling to EU, and some people who have been holding off will probably be taking advantage.....but for everyone else, it's not just fear of losing jobs, they are actually losing them!! There's a huge culling going on in every business sector except guns and of course government, which as we all know, only ever gets bigger. Anyone know how to stick a note on the White House Bulletin Board? Good luck!