Non iron bedding

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
sarahp

Non iron bedding

Post by sarahp »

Can anyone recommend where to buy good quality non-iron bedding? I bought good quality sheets 2 years ago and they are lasting really well, I think I skimped on the duvet covers and pillow cases as they are looking a bit sad :cry:
So I now want to get about 12 sets of duvet covers and pillow cases, in plain cream, but must be non iron!!
Any help would be appreciated.
Also how many sheets are the norm on the bed? I put one on the base and then the duvet, my mother says I should put another one on the bed to sleep under as well as the duvet!
:roll:
Sarah
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We bought M&S non-iron base sheets which work well. We only use base sheet and duvet cover.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I always buy my bedding (and just about everything else) from www.OutOfEden.co.uk - Good quality and good value.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Sarah,
My first thought for you is why add laundry if you don't have to? I think you do the bedding that is customary to your region. I never used a top sheet in UK unless it was August heatwave, otherwise only duvet cover. In the US, it's opposite.
They always use a top sheet and the fact that we put a cover on the duvet was alien concept here up to a couple of years ago, and even now, it's a rarity. American "comforters" are made in pretty fabrics without covers, hence they expect the bed to have a top sheet for next to the skin. I honestly don't know how B&Bs who show photos of those heavy comforters without covers manage their bedding - but they can't possibly be washing them every week.....:oops:

The only downside to not having top sheet I can think of for you is US guests not realizing that you wash you duvet covers between guests, but you can always tell them in the information pack or whatever. . ....

Non iron duvet covers....hmmm...aren't they a treat! Most of mine definitely need a good press, but I did find a couple of great ones in Linens 'N Things last year, bright fun colors, really pretty too, but sadly that store isn't here anymore, it went bankkrupt last year. I do miss it!
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Hi Sarah, most duvet covers are made from the same material as sheets, so why put two sheets on top ?
We only use base sheet and duvet with duvet cover which is obviously washed each change over.
Next week, our duvets will be taken off until winter, dry cleaned and then we simply use base sheet and duvet cover on its own. We used to use a top sheet on its own in summer but the duvet cover has a little more weight and is prettier.
If you find non iron ones, please let me know :lol: I have to change 13 sets of bedding every Saturday and you should see the pile of ironing I have now to do :cry:
You are brave to buy cream only. I used to use plain duvet covers but found they don't look as good as the patterned ones after a few months and they show even the tiniest marks.
It's a bit like the patterned versus plain carpet argument.
Have you tried Ikea ? They have some reasonable bedding but I don't know whether they have non iron.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

viewtopic.php?t=3688&postdays=0&postord ... s&start=15

Non iron sheets....tho quite an old post...... :wink:
esentziak

M and S sheets ?

Post by esentziak »

apexblue wrote:We bought M&S non-iron base sheets which work well. We only use base sheet and duvet cover.
Good morning

is this the Supima range (Supima® Pure Cotton Non-Iron Fitted Sheet)

What colour do you buy ? there seems to be mixed reviews on this product so I am not sure whether to buy or not.

Your opinion greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Dominique
sarahp

Non iron bedding

Post by sarahp »

Thanks to all for replies.
Re the M&S bedding: I looked on line and there are reviews at the bottom of the listing - they were not very good at all!
As for colours, I think I may now steer away from cream - having too many people spill their early morning cuppa's in bed!
My main priority has to be the Non Iron part, so Im still searching :roll:
Sarah
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I don't like non iron bedding with a 'silky' feel that is mentioned in one of the M&S reviews and I'd be a little disappointed to find it on beds if I stayed somewhere that provided it.
Isn't ironing an integral activity when running a b&b or holiday rental?
I like crisp cotton and that has to be ironed, but even a full changeover of 24 sets of bedding only takes me around 4 hours to do.
sarahp

reply to La Vache

Post by sarahp »

'Only 4 hours' to do the ironing?!
Sorry, but that's much too much time for me - I also have 3 kids to run around after and surely there is more to life than ironing!!

My search continues :lol:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

That explains it, I only have 2 kids to look after as well as the gites and a teaching job. I do it in the evening when the kids are in bed. I used to hate it but find it an excuse to watch TV now, I don't have time otherwise. If you find any crisp 100% cotton non iron sheets, I'd be interested. I thought you advertised Egyptian cotton bedding on your website, it seems quite a jump to go from that to non iron.
sarahp

To La Vache

Post by sarahp »

Yes, I bought all Egyptian cotton as it was recommended to me to be long lasting, the sheets are great (pain to iron, but lasting well and I will continue to use them) Its the duvet covers I find a pain, they aren't lasting as well as I'd hoped and they are impossible to iron!!
Sarah
Ju

Post by Ju »

I have a roller iron and find duvet covers just as easy as sheets.

I'm with LV not liking the feel of non iron.

28 guests per week = 5 hours ironing (I have 3 kids too, but I see the ironing as part of my job.)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Ju wrote: I see the ironing as part of my job.)
So do I, or I wouldn't have gone into the business - I'd pay someone else to iron them if I could afford to. Duvet covers are easy for me, it is the fitted sheets that take me longest.
Honestly, I'd feel really short changed if I stayed somewhere where the bed linen was non iron sheets.
sarahp

Non Iron sheets

Post by sarahp »

Does anyone else have any ideas as to where I can buy some non iron bedding - good quality that will last?