New Year Plans?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Sue Dyer

New Year Plans?

Post by Sue Dyer »

Well, my cottage is let for New Year but I didn't think I was getting away anywhere thanks to a football mad husband and the stupid custom of putting matches on over the Christmas period. (2 home matches in 4 days... stupid!) However, he volunteered to give the second match a miss (Newcastle v Birmingham) so we have a big enough gap to spend New Year in France :)

I've previously spent several New Year's in Boulogne which was really nice, low key, not the drunk fest it usually is in Newcastle. This year we're venturing down to Arras so I'm really looking forward to that! Ooooh, stocking up at the hypermarket, a lovely seafood platter, moules, glasses of vin rose... I can't wait!!

What's anyone else up to?
paolo

Post by paolo »

We are also tearing ourselves away from the Newcastle v Birmingham match and flying to Marseille on the 1st. I have an idea that travelling on New Year's Day will be marvellously unstressful as very few people will be doing it. I may be in for a shock.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Maggiem

Post by Maggiem »

We'll be in France as well. As in England, we find that the women congregate in the kitchen, with the champagne, until one of the men comes to break up the party and insists that we join them! By 2 o'clock, they're then falling asleep, so we can get back to putting the world right!
We have Belgian guests arriving at the apartment at 4 o'clock in the morning of 31st, having driven through the night. They say they'll just need a few hours sleep before they go to their party. I don't think I've got that sort of stamina any more.

Maggie (another Mrs. M. - are we staging a takeover?) :roll:
Fraise

Mrs M

Post by Fraise »

:D Hi Maggie( we used to chat on the LF site many moons ago,I was in Stratford upon Avon), I'm a Mrs M too!!Def a takeover plot!! :wink: We're in the Charente Maritime over Christmas and all our offspring are actually flying out at their own expense!!!!!This is a first!! My biggest problem is finding a decent sized turkey ( we don't get out much,LOL!!) and half a ham.Have you noticed how people are decorating their homes over Christmas much more than they used to? Is this a good thing or not?? Bah humbug,yes,it's all very exciting!!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi Fraise, I can get my sis in law to bake you a large turkey!!

Here's the chicken cake she made for my husband's 50th in November. (see his birthday website http://www.daveisnearly50.veryold.net/ for the chicken explaination!) There were some very bemused people at the party - my brother remarked, it's the only cake I've seen where people fight over the leg!!!

Fraise

turkey

Post by Fraise »

:wink: Hmmm...not sure that's quite the kind of turkey I was looking for!!! Our local Super U is getting some biggies in this year they say-mind you,big is relative!-so maybe all will be well.Airport trip today as one daughter arrives for Christmas,hurray!! I think :twisted: !!