Employees must wash hands before returning to work

For topics that are specific to the USA, please go here.
James3214

Employees must wash hands before returning to work

Post by James3214 »

Please tell me US owners. Who ever thought up the law of putting the following sign up in restrooms (or toilets) in the US?

EMPLOYEES MUST WASH HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK

Crazy eh?

http://mustwashhands.blogspot.com/
motherofdog

Post by motherofdog »

Oh James, James, James. You may not realize how idiotic we-and our government are over on this side of the pond. There are laws for EVERYTHING. We just don't have common sense and I guarentee the signs were brought on by some frivolous lawsuit. I actually (no kidding) had to put something in my rental agreement that says "no dogs in the hot tub". Because people let their dog in the hot tub and then said (before the rule), "You didn't TELL me I couldn't put the dog in the hot tub" sheesh!
CSE

Post by CSE »

But this is not only in the US is it? If you have a certificate to handle food issued by any of the EU counties then you are trained to do this too.
Everyone who hands food, like us with a B&B has to have this certificate. Even if you do not cook.

From the UK;
http://www.ehow.co.uk/list_7614876_rest ... klist.html
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
James3214

Post by James3214 »

That's true but in the UK you don't have to display any of the regulations in the toilet.
It's more down to common sense. When you see signs like this it makes you start to question the intelligence of people. Surely, everyone knows that you must wash your hands after going to the toilet?
It's not just this sign that I noticed on my recent visit to the US. I was also disappointed with the standard of service in hotels and restaurants in what I thought was a country where service is suppose to be very good. Sure, the service staff were nice to you in order to get a good tip but as soon as they got it that was the end of the good service (and they were good tips et all!). The locals blamed it on the immigrants who took these sort of jobs but there seemed to be a general lack of standards across the board. We did get good service in one great hotel but their breakfast that had to be eaten off small disposable paper plates because the owner didn't want to buy n number of dishwashers to comply with the strict hygience laws that were in place!

Great country but I feel sorry for Obama! He sure has a lot to do!