hello im new and need a little guidance?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
lisaroo

hello im new and need a little guidance?

Post by lisaroo »

hello everyone!! my husband and i have bought our 1st holiday home in messanges, the landes 40 reigon of aquitaine, france! we are planning to rent the villa out to holiday makers when we are unable to use it but are stumbling on a few issues i think we need help with!! After many e-mails to potential changeover/cleaning people i have yet to recieve any reply?? also im a bit worried about which pool company to use to install our pool?? i have looked into it on the net but nothing jumps out at me really? i am struggling to find anything online for the area even though i know there is lots of rental activity there!!
also does anyone know if FLY the furniture place lets you take the furniture you buy then and there like ikea??
sorry for all the questions but i need a little help thanks xx
blonde but not dumb
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Oh well, welcome Lisaroo - you have found the right place to have your questions answered.

Others will have more answers than I have, but first off I can tell you about FLY - yes, you do take stuff with you (usually they have a depot a few hundred yards from the showroom) -in fact they positively encourage you to take it away.

Can't help directly with pool-installers or cleaners etc, but I'm sure others will.

best of luck

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
lisaroo

Post by lisaroo »

oh thankyou moliere for the reply!! and thankyou for the lovely welcome as well!!
i am so glad that is the case with FLY as i was hoping that it was the case as we need to furnish the house the day we arrive or we wont have anywhere to sleep haha!!

also need to buy bed linen and towels, any ideas anyone!! we have visited the area we have purchased about 5/6 times but havent gone towel/bedding shopping before?

ive tried looking on here but cant seem to find many in the same area?? i am in the process of learning to speak french but not enough yet to sort us out haha!!

thankyou xx
blonde but not dumb
pujols

Post by pujols »

SALES begin on the 12th for a few days.
Bordeaux Lac...Ikea
auchan....ETC
a day out
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Lisa - welcome to the forum! We have a property east of you, in the Gers.

You have come to the right place for info so are already into networking. By far the best way, and if you're getting to know your neighbours, I'd start with them if you haven't already.

Friends of ours with good French found their French cleaners by putting a notice up in a nearby shop. I'm afraid we use local Brits since my French might not be precise enough in certain situations - but almost invariably, expat services are more expensive!

Someone else here may be able to recommend other forums, but here is one to start with: http://midipyreneessouth.angloinfo.com/forum/ I haven't tried it though apart from use it as a source of what's on locally, and the weather!

Bonne chance! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be