Sofasofa.com Sofas

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
tchn

Sofasofa.com Sofas

Post by tchn »

Hello,

We bought a house in the Western Lake District to let about 70% of the year (we'll use it the rest of the time). Builders are just finishing the renovations and it is time to start furnishing it.

I've read the Sofa Dos and Don'ts thread and see that a number of people had recently bought SofaSofa sofas. There are a lot of mixed reviews online for them, but they do look good, so I wonder whether some of you lovely people (thanks for all the other tips left lying around, which I've been lapping up) who bought them recently would let me know if you are still pleased with them, and which models you bought. Sofasofa seem to sell for 4 different companies, so I imagine there could be a difference.

We are looking at a corner sofa (Domino range) and a medium sofa, possibly in leather, as we're relying on a management company so will find it harder to ensure thorough cleans.

Then it's beds (beds2u I expect - we're going with zip/link - again anyone prepared to comment on particular models?).

Thanks,

Tom

Underhow, Eskdale
tchn

Post by tchn »

Hmm, a deathly silence
booboo

Post by booboo »

Hi, sorry I cant help, I have never had any dealing with them!
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

We bought a couple of sofas from Divani, one of the companies that appear to be in the same grouping now, about 12 years ago and still going fairly strong. We had stayed in a chalet owned by a friend who had already bought some of them so had a week's experience of sitting on them. Ours had fitted covers and I have since bought loose covers to extend their life a bit. If I was doing it again I would probably start off with loose covers and buy a spare set as they are remarkably inexpensive.

Do recommend going to one of their shows that they do or visiting in Wales as my daughter was about to order a sofa and there happened to be a show in London so we went along and the one she had initially chosen was dead uncomfortable! We also discovered that she was better off buying a four seater then a three seater as the four seater would split in half so much easier to get up the stairs in a Victorian flat in Clapham. Quite a few of our friends have since bought from this group and have been satisfied. Yes you can spend a lot more and probably get higher quality but we bought on the basis that we will replace when they wear out - and haven't had to do so yet. I think mine are something like Seville. Rather large arms so would choose a different style next time.
tchn

Post by tchn »

Thanks. I'm a bit concerned by the more recent reviews for sofasofa which suggest delayed deliveries and awkward customer service over the last few years despite their earlier brilliance (evidence: http://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.sofasofa.co.uk). We're in a hurry, so will probably go elsewhere. Have already picked up a bargain at the Multiyork in Reading who sell off seconds and cancelled orders. For the corner sofa, am going to look at the www.nabru.co.uk showroom next week as they do next day delivery. They seem strong, washable and fairly priced, just want to check the quality.