Ha Ha Google Translate

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Laurel

Post by Laurel »

:lol: :lol:

Brilliant - Thanks everyone. Really have laughed out loud to these and you've started my day off with a big smile.

I once sat next to a lovely old woman on a bus in Costa Rica and felt very pleased to be holding a conversation in my broken Spanish. Suddenly she looked a bit sad and surprised and stopped talking to me.

Apparently, in trying to apologise for my bad use of the language I had in fact said "I am sorry but I can't understand you. Your Spanish is not very good"
pambon

Post by pambon »

When I had been here about a year or so, my then boyfriend (now husband!) went off fishing one Saturday afternoon with friends. I was working that afternoon in the reception of a hotel when a guy phoned me to ask where my OH was.

I happily replied " E' in barca a pesciare". The other guy was silenced a moment, then thanked me and put the phone down. The hotel owner was next door in her office and rapidly appeared with a large smile on her face. "You have just told whoever you were speaking to that your boyfriend is in a boat peeing"

'Pesciare' is the local colloqual term for peeing but 'pescare' is the Italian verb 'to fish'!!

My OH still jokes about it.