Help with bookings,deposits???

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
london

Help with bookings,deposits???

Post by london »

Hi

I have just purchased my first holiday home in northeast essex minutes from the sea.

I browsed the different forums and can see there are some very experienced owners and picked up some valuable tips.

My main concern is how do you set up and take bookings,what deposits,terms and conditions or is it easier to go with a agent?

Thankyou.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Have a quick look at these thread for starters.

viewtopic.php?t=16451
viewtopic.php?t=15626

Have a read and a nose around and you will find masses of info here. Charles Cawley, who is an owner of an agency has posted on one of those threads and if you look at this pack from his site that will also give you a help.

http://www.countryholidaylets.co.uk/abo ... -info-pack

Only you can decide what's right for you - going with an agency or starting on your own. I had an agency & management for a year and then went alone, which is perhaps the best of both worlds. Find a successful agency and you may not want to take on the responsibility yourself! The majority (but not all) of regular posters here tend to be doing it themselves, that's why we're here!

Welcome anyway!