End of season joy

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Ju

End of season joy

Post by Ju »

I know I shouldn't be, but I am so pleased that our last guests leave tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having people around, but it will be nice to get our privacy back. We rent out a 4 bedroomed property next to our house, with which we share the driveway, garden; swimming pool etc. We have a good time talking to our guests, our children play with theirs etc, but come the end of the season and it is such a relief. We can let the children scream in the garden to their hearts content. We can do the gardening at 9 in the morning without worrying whether we will be disturbing people. I can't wait. And of course there is the fact I won't have to do any Ironing until Easter!!

By then of course I will be delighted to have people around me once more. Am I the only one who feels like this?

Ju
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

Ju,
I have exactly the same set-up as you, a big apartment that shares the same driveway, garden and pool. We live on top, overlooking everything. For the past 7 days we have been "empty" of guests, the first time since May, and yes, it was a relief! We are back to "normal" next Saturday, then on and off till christmas. I know exactly how you feel. We have had some graet guests, made many good friends, earned sum much needed extra cash, but yes, it takes it's toll sometimes. One good thing though is that my kids have grown accustomed to the "good behaviour regime". Our dog and cats like it too - they have more opportunities to beg for food, somehow knowing that our guests don't know weather it's past feeding time or not!The upside to it all is that our guests feel more secure, having someone on hand for all of the questions they may have, travel tips, local knowledge etc. This is probably one reason they come back and send their friends.
Malta – always in the sunshine!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I can't seem to see and end to this season! Our little cottage is around an hours drive from where we live - far enough for a break for us but near enough to troubleshoot if need be.

It's probably March since we were able to stay there ourselves. Usually at this time of year it's winding down into weekends but I had to block a week out for my husband's 50th in November. Since we live in the city (Newcastle upon Tyne) its good to get away into the countryside - ah, not too long now!! :) I think Santa is bringing me an MP3 player for Christmas as we've done so well this year.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

We are still pretty busy with only a few weeks left in Nov/Dec.
But I am now releived that the grass cutting has come to an end since I have just fractured a bone in my hand :( and will have a plaster on for a moth or so, I do all the gardening and it takes over 1 hour on a ride on lawn mower to cut the grass..
It also takes longer replying to emails when typing with one hand.

Stephen
tansy

Post by tansy »

we don't have our guests on site - one house an hour away the other 15 minutes - but it's the whole time in the back of your mind will the phone ring with a problem - so you can't go anywhere in case.....then every Saturday 2 changeovers - will the cleaners turn up on time - then it's the washing and ironing for 18.....I'm loving my first week off since Easter....but it's my mothers 75th birthday on Monday so I've got 11 to lunch tomorrow and naturally lots of folk staying...one day we'll get that day off with nothing to do (nothing what's that???!!!).

But in a weird way I am looking forward to the dark days - no tourists, batten down the hatches, enjoy the log fire - we are going to try and have some quality time together...probably now I've said that we'll get a load of bookings for the winter!