Is this a scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
FrugalTravelsNepal

Yes, it's a scam. So now what?

Post by FrugalTravelsNepal »

Other than not reply to a scam letter, what do we do? I saw the address in the UK for the scammer. Is there some sort of cyber police or anyone I should alert? I try to be a good netizen.

I usually forward such messages on to gmail, but is there anything else?
Changunarayan, Nepal, where Lord Vishnu lived. Star View Guest House, Changu's most comfortable night's stay.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Fake address. Just trash it. Sorry to say but no-one will be interested. 'William' and his mates will be sitting in an internet cafe in downtown Lagos churning these out.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I agree, it's a scam and no-one, sadly, will care.
Welcome to the forum! I'm lucky enough to have been to beautiful Bhaktapur a couple of times, and would love to make it out to Changunarayan :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
FrugalTravelsNepal

How to avoid online booking room scams

Post by FrugalTravelsNepal »

I just came across this article and thought of this group. It suggest using Google's reverse photo search. Amazing times, for sure.

http://lifehacker.com/avoid-bad-or-fake ... 1663919812
Changunarayan, Nepal, where Lord Vishnu lived. Star View Guest House, Changu's most comfortable night's stay.
kevsboredagain

Re: How to avoid online booking room scams

Post by kevsboredagain »

FrugalTravelsNepal wrote:I just came across this article and thought of this group. It suggest using Google's reverse photo search. Amazing times, for sure.

http://lifehacker.com/avoid-bad-or-fake ... 1663919812
Excellent advice.

For Firefox users, there's a plugin for this. Simply search the add ons for "reverse image" and you can add right click context search option for images. Good for snooping in the competition too.