Benjamin Wong

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
zebedee

Benjamin Wong

Post by zebedee »

The devil is always in the detail.......received this today

Hello,

My Name is Benjamin Wong from Selangor in Malaysia, I want to make inquiry on your accommodation facility for 5 guest that will be coming to your country in February for a two week business tour in your area.

BOOKING SCHEDULE:

-BOOKING DATES:From 19th to 30th of February 2015
-REQUIRED NUMBER OF ROOMS: 5 standard/studio rooms
-LENGTH OF STAY: 10 nights

An alternative accommodation arrangement in the form of a cottage,a guest house or a comfortable cabin will be fine for those dates.

kindly advise details on availability and quote the total cost for the 10 nights stay in your facility, so we can secure the booking with a part payment before the end of year break begins.Pls. advice types of credit cards you accept for payments. i await your response.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Wong
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Are you aware of the problems on your website? For example:

zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hello Kev,
I'm really sorry but we can't see what you are referring to. You made a comment after another post I made about our website loading slowly but there had been a problem with Microsoft at the time which affected many websites and our website was (very temporarily) one of them.
After that the website once agin loaded very quickly on iPad, iPhones android phones and regular computers.

The screenshot you have posted above does imply that our slideshow is misplaced but this is not the case, again, when we look at the website via various hardware.
Would you be kind enough to PM me with some more detail of what's you think the problem is that you can see because I confess I am rather perplexed?
Many thanks for your help.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

zebedee wrote:Hello Kev,
I'm really sorry but we can't see what you are referring to. You made a comment after another post I made about our website loading slowly but there had been a problem with Microsoft at the time which affected many websites and our website was (very temporarily) one of them.
After that the website once agin loaded very quickly on iPad, iPhones android phones and regular computers.

The screenshot you have posted above does imply that our slideshow is misplaced but this is not the case, again, when we look at the website via various hardware.
Would you be kind enough to PM me with some more detail of what's you think the problem is that you can see because I confess I am rather perplexed?
Many thanks for your help.
I'm using Firefox but most of the problems are still there with IE.

1. The picture with the cartwheel (slideshow) falls off the page and can cover some of the text, depending on browser size.

2. The text “warm the late ...” runs out of space and has a picture over the top of the remainder.

3. Click to enlarge does not align to a picture and moves around when you use different browser sizes

4. There seems to be some adverts above the images but my Adblocker is blocking them, so I can’t comment on that

5. These same problems appear on other pages

6. The self- catering logo is fixed to browser edge, so also falls off the page, depending on browser size.

7. The slow loading comment I made before was nothing to do with Microsoft but simply because many of the images on the website are much bigger than required for the image displayed on the page. Once in cache, or on a fast connection, you would not notice this.

For example, the first image on your website:
858px × 644px (scaled to 441px × 300px)

The 2nd picture:
989px × 742px (scaled to 441px × 300px)

The 3rd one:
1,092px × 819px (scaled to 300px × 200px)

They are all at least 4 times bigger than required and the browser is rescaling them. This makes your site slower than it needs to be.

How to fix the problems:
- The pictures should simply be made the same size as you want to display them
- The parts which are in the wrong positions need to be aligned relative to the white container where most of your content is and not the edge of the browser window.
- The slideshow is positioned slightly too high

Also the font sizes vary between pages.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Many thanks Kev.
We are away at the moment (preparing for our annual inspection!) but you reply is most helpful and we will get on to it when we get back.
Thanks once again.