Steven Lawrence

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.

Steven Lawrence

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Ha!! Just got this and came here to report. Exact same wording lazy b*****d! Mine came through a German listing site.

Post by Guest »

:?:
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

7 Aspire wrote:
FelicityA wrote:Mine came through a German listing site.
My listing is with ferienhausmiete.de though the enquiry came via a new site - Tourist-Paradise.com
Mine too. Never heard of that site. I have never had a booking through ferienhausmiete as it is always for too many people or a scam. However, since I am not paying, I have left it there but I may take it off if it is farmed out to rubbish sites.
Essar

Post by Essar »

+1
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Yorkshire Lass

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

I've just had a phone conversation with 'Steven Lawrence'. He first contacted me via my website with a similar vague enquiry, poorly worded without a time period specified. I asked him to let me know what dates he was interested in and he then emailed to say 'four weeks' in any month that was available (strangely enough not my typical prospective guest enquiry!). My scam antenna was already working overtime so I just ignored it. I then got a 'No caller ID' come up on my phone as Mr Lawrence decided to call me. Spoke really bad English (despite his name) and when I asked him what town he wanted to stay in he hung up. I'm just wondering what his next line of attack was going to be...
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

www.kingshousescarborough.com
www.facebook.com/scarboroughholidaycottage
www.sandsendpavilion.co.uk
holidayinsuffolk

Post by holidayinsuffolk »

Mr Lawrence has been a busy chap - he phoned me on Tuesday - from what I could understand he wanted to send me his pay cheque which I would cash and then send him any money left over - I thought it was quite rude of him to hang up before I had finished laughing at him!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

holidayinsuffolk wrote:I thought it was quite rude of him to hang up before I had finished laughing at him!
:lol:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Wow, that's a new line of attack if they think they can pull the wool over people's eyes during a phone call. :roll: