Whose had this one

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
annafern

Whose had this one

Post by annafern »

Not sure where the Scam is but thought it worth posting even if it's just to make you smile!😀 but I warn you its a long one.

"Dear ladies & gentlemen, I would like to ask, if you would be able to accommodate some people in your properties for the following period: from the 18th January 2015 to 21st February 2015 Please in case you have something available let us know. Best wishes and beatiful Christmas time!"""

Then it was followed up with this email as a response from my automated response.

""Good evening,
I am thankful for your answer. I will explain you in details, what are we looking for and who we are.

We are letting agency from Slovakia and we help slovak companies to find accommodation abroad in Germany, Austria, England and all over Europe. The people, who would stay in your accommodation are workforces working on solar power plant buildings. They have been already working in Poulshot, Colchester, Trequite, Clawdd Ddu, Hadlow, Derby and other places in England.

As I mentioned we are looking for some accommodation for the following period: from the 18th January
to 21st February

I have to say, that it is also possible that they stay for longer, it depends on many conditions, like good weather, goods delivery, etc.

This time they are coming 50 of them and we have already some accommodation for 18 people. The rest is still missing, I would like to ask you, to let us know, how many people you are able to accommodate. I completely understand, that you can´t accommodate 30 people, but if you can accommodate at least 5 people, it would help us a lot.

In case you have some questions, please email us.
Christmas is here and I have to say, that I will be available again next week on Monday the 29th December.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and I hope you spend your Christmas time with people you love and care about.
All the best,

Andrea Pxxxxxxx"

Hmmm maybe not Andrea

:lol:
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I have to say that that sounds plausible. I can imagine that if I were in the position of trying to accommodate that amount of people then I would reach out in that way.
Having said that I would also make sure that they pay up front!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Definitely made me smile on Christmas Eve. I particularly like the "the rest is still missing" bit. :D Sounds like they've been paying too much attention to the war centenary coverage.
Oh and, I've not even heard of all the towns they've stayed in. Do they even all exist??
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well I stand corrected. I've just googled it and all the places exist and some have solar plants nearby.

But even so.....
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I'd proceed with caution. There are a couple of solar farms being constructed near us in UK. They do have a lot of people working on it - no idea where they are from or where they stay - but it wouldn't surprise me if they move on en masse to another site when they are done.
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

We get a lot of Eastern Europeans installing wind turbines around our department and we also get German crews that fix them, (not long after!). So it's possible it might be a genuine enquiry, but I'd go with Dotty's advice.
I'm getting slightly madder, each and every day!
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

We had a solar farm installed a mile or so away from us north of Chichester a few months ago - I think there was a German workforce - and some of them were staying at a cottage that some neighbours have. I know the neighbours told me not to bother with a questionnaire I was taking round about either the Neighbourhood Plan or a Community Shop - I can't now recall which it was but these chaps were no trouble and stayed a few weeks, or even months.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Certainly a most odd request and you should proceed with caution. However, it's not a confirmed scam so it's wrong to post the message on a public forum until you have proof.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

There is no identifying data Kev. Nothing here that would turn up in a Google search in anything like an 'incriminating' way. There is no point to such a thread unless one can come here for advice from those with a perspective/instinct.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Kev must be extremely bored constantly questioning whether obvious scams are scams.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

oasiscouple wrote:Kev must be extremely bored constantly questioning whether obvious scams are scams.
Not bored at all. There is a distinct difference between a suspect message and a confirmed scam. One day, you guys will get it wrong and really piss someone off with a false accusation.

Perhaps it's more than a coincidence that the regular posters in this section seem to receive far more scam emails than the average person.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

kevsboredagain wrote: Perhaps it's more than a coincidence that the regular posters in this section seem to receive far more scam emails than the average person.
I think it far more likely that persons receiving more than average amounts of scam/spam emails post here most regularly. I guess it depends upon the perspective from which you are viewing things.