Marie Giovani

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
oasiscouple

Marie Giovani

Post by oasiscouple »

As mentioned in my reply to the post about Edward Hunt, this is the second scam enquiry received coming from marie102 at libero.it.

Again it seemed like a standard cut and paste enquiry with no reference to our website or listing on another property website.

Also I was surprised to receive an enquiry for February for a beach apartment in a naturist village.

An IP search brought up Abidjan, Ivory Coast, unusual for an Italian, but you never know.

So I replied giving availability dates and price and received a reply giving their address and phone number:
Madame MARIE GIOVANI
01 BP 1250 ABIDJAN 01
COCODY ANGRE
00225 09 37 03 01

I replied asking if they are aware it is a naturist destination and the reply came saying yes, they want to have a holiday to experience naturism. (Even in February!)

Looking up the phone number on google I see a whole lot of potential scams on this phone number and others similar so I decided to drop the dialogue

Then this morning received another enquiry from the same email address and ignoring our previous discussion but giving a different phone number, as follows:

Bonjour ,

Votre location vacances m'intéresse , j'aimerai avoir vos disponibilités sur la période du mois de février.
Merci et je reste en attente de vos disponibilités afin de vous faire connaitre les dates de ma réservation
Merci .

M/Mme GIOVANI

To me it is an obvious scam but I can’t help wondering what these people want to achieve.
Honi soit qui peu y boit