Emails Going into Junk

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

How about Gmail?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Yes I like Gmail - it's a world-wide alternative to my home email address and works very well for me.

Some friends swear by Yahoo too.

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Moliere wrote:Yes I like Gmail - it's a world-wide alternative to my home email address and works very well for me.

Moliere
Same here although I've yet to learn how to place all Mr Smith's emails into a 'folder' and all Mr Rossi's into another etc. They are all placed in the general rental 'folder' (with a nice coloured label!)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Gmail has tonight sent my own email copy from PIMS into the spam folder. The intended recipient has a hotmail address, so goodness knows what happened to his. Hopefully the Paypal invoice got through.

:roll:
Elcarmoli

Post by Elcarmoli »

I've used Gmail for some time, forwarding email to Outlook and had no problems but in the last three weeks it has sent two enquiries from one of our listings into the spam folder. One of them I found too late, and the other I found after the potential guest had hunted down our own website and sent an enquiry through the site. Now I have to remember to log in and check the spam folder every night...just in case...
www.holidaymurcia.com - Spacious Apartment in Spain
www.rhumhor.com - Lochside Holiday Lodge, sleeps up to 11 people

Member of Associaton of Scotland's Self-Caterers
kg1

Post by kg1 »

My HL emails have today started to go into my spam folder. HL even sent a test one and that did the same. Have reset them as not junk but I think I probably missed a promising booking this morning as I didn't reply quickly enough.
Elcarmoli

Post by Elcarmoli »

Glad you replied kyreniagirl - it prompted me to check my gmail spam folder again - and lo and behold yet another enquiry from the same listing site in spam. I have emailed the listing site, but they have said nothing they can do - it is becoming a real pain and like you I'm not sure if I have now missed another booking!
www.holidaymurcia.com - Spacious Apartment in Spain
www.rhumhor.com - Lochside Holiday Lodge, sleeps up to 11 people

Member of Associaton of Scotland's Self-Caterers
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We have a Virgin (previously ntl) account and I recently discovered to my horror that enquiries from our website were going into their spam box so not reaching us. I have now fixed this but as we have had virtually no enquiries via our website it must have been going on for some time. I contacted all those I could to explain, but they had mostly made other arrangements,not having heard back from us. And this automatically deletes 'spam' after 30 days so god knows how many more there might have been who now think we didn't bother to respond!!
Yorkshire Lass

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to the PIMS SMS messaging facility which I'm now using particularly when I have an enquiry from a guest with a hotmail account to inform them I have sent them a quote and to check their junk mail if they have not received it. I dread to think how many enquirers did not receive my quotes prior to this as I've had 3 already this week comment that sure enough my message was in their junk folder. It's particularly frustrating though when guests put an enquiry in via OD for example and do not put a mobile or even a contact phone number on the enquiry.
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

www.kingshousescarborough.com
www.facebook.com/scarboroughholidaycottage
www.sandsendpavilion.co.uk