same scam different name/email address

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
aasta

same scam different name/email address

Post by aasta »

Hello ...this is a repeat of the same scam, with a new email address, (which had also made it into our Inbox) we received several weeks ago and answered. The response was a request for us to accept their check and in the same email, a request for us to issue them an immediate refund.....these scammers must be very persistent and/or some folks must be falling into their traps.

Holiday reservation
micheal robert (vacation3776@outlook.com)
Add to contacts
12:30 PM

Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Micheal robert and I'm interested in rent your accommodation for 1 week and i will like start from, Arrival Date: 18 April 2015
Departure Date: 25 April 2015
Adults : 2
+447031905944
We are very flexible with dates and you can tell us the dates that are available.

Send us the total cost of 7 nights and we can go ahead with the booking.
Thanks for your cooperation and we looking forward to your response.
Micheal robert
Last edited by aasta on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aasta
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

I suggest you delete other people's email addresses from your post.
CSE

Post by CSE »

newtimber wrote:I suggest you delete other people's email addresses from your post.
Plus one ...... as you would not appropriate it it yours was presented in the same way.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

cant see my email there but i received it this morning. deleted it straight away.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Yup, definitely delete all those email addresses - this 'scams' thread is not on a private part of the site. Your spammer is definitely worthy of being exposed, but the people he has mailed aren't. Incidentally, do you recognise the addresses? They're not from your own address book are they (i.e. your email has been hacked)? It just seems an odd list of recipients because many are books/publishing related and presumably nothing to do with the holiday rentals business.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've sent you a pm aasta hopefully to alert you a little quicker to the fact that you need to delete these email addresses.
aasta

Post by aasta »

Done...Sorry Everyone, lesson learned!!!...had not noticed that it happened....do not copy and paste very often. Those email addresses were the recipients of the scam email.
aasta
cartnpa

Post by cartnpa »

I got a similar one today. Same email address but a different name- Mr Gabriel Micheal. I have deleted it.