OD creating enquiries

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
sammyboy57

OD creating enquiries

Post by sammyboy57 »

My last 3 enquiries through OD have all seemed genuine and get to the point of booking then they disappear , I noticed that there
is a name of one of my previous guests in the top left corner? are they using this a a link somehow?
the names of the enquirer's are David harlington, kath tobin,
and Alison Jarrett. Anyone else had this ?
pambon

Post by pambon »

Think I may have a similar problem with HA. Am waiting til Saturday for a response then will chase it up and see if they respond.
tavi

Post by tavi »

sammy, what do you mean by the name of a previous guest in the top left hand corner?

My last OD enquiry was certainly genuine.
sammyboy57

Post by sammyboy57 »

this is the initial message from OD with the name below appearing in top left of message, a guest from 4 years ago?

Enquiry from David Harlington Aug 8, 2015 - Aug 22, 2015 Listing #FR6286
Actions
Jayne H#### 25/01/2015 Flag this message Newsletters

just makes me suspicious with the same name on all the enquiries lately, having said that I've had a reply and he wants to book and is asking for details for payment so we will see??
Last edited by sammyboy57 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Have you checked that the enquiries are in your enquiries folder on your OD owner's page? It could be that your genuine guest's email has been hacked and someone has replicated the enquiry template. When a potential renter makes an enquiry they get sent a copy of it to their personal email.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'd remove your own email address from your post above too just to try and stop it being harvested for spam. Go to the post and click edit on the top right corner.
sammyboy57

Post by sammyboy57 »

Hi all

I've just checked and they are in the OD enquiries list, but what could that mean??

Thanks Nemo, never gave it a thought!!
tavi

Post by tavi »

Actions
Jayne H#### 25/01/2015 Flag this message Newsletters

This bit above : Is this part of your email programme options rather than an integral part of the message from OD? I can't see flag this message etc...on my Ownersdirect enquiries - am as confused as you.

Can you hover your mouse over Jayne Hxxxx?