Top Rural phishing scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
stork

Top Rural phishing scam

Post by stork »

Got an enquiry from josh purcase josh.purcase@cyberservices.com

"Hello, Can you please tell what is total price for one week in July or August? Thank you Josh"

I replied, and got back a partly garbled message, followed by "THE CONTENT OF THIS EMAIL IS NOT SHOWN PROPERLY IN YOUR INBOX DUE TO AN ENCODING ERROR, TO READ IT:…", followed by a link to a webmail that is _not_ mine.

I have reported to TR, but thought you should know too. And google may pick him up here :-)
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Of course you verified that the email address had not been faked and was the same as the one you actually replied to?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Google does indeed pick him up here :mrgreen: There doesn't seem to be anyone in the entire world by the name of Purcase except our Josh, the famous spelling mistake. However if you Google cyberservices.com you get plenty of hits - nearly all of them with the word 'scam' attaching. Cyberservices.com may be legit, but their web address is widely used for phishing and other internet scams.
stork

Post by stork »

kevsboredagain wrote:Of course you verified that the email address had not been faked and was the same as the one you actually replied to?
Took a brief look at the header, all normal. And I googled Josh.