Bradley Gordon (aol) & Matt Alexander

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mouse

Bradley Gordon (aol) & Matt Alexander

Post by Mouse »

Received a reasonable enough enquiry from bradley for dates we don't have. Replied offering alternative dates, if suitable.
Few days later got a reply on the same email but from Matt...saying they'd like to go ahead; not stating which dates, and saying they have been looking at the map (!) on the website and asked if I could confirm if our place was the house on the right or left and providing a link to google maps. Doh! We dont have a map on OD or our own site.

Phising.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Someone else reported an identical scam recently - right down to the sudden change of name! I'd love to have a cyber version of Room 101 that could consign these spamsters to oblivion.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Yep got that one as well and answered, 'That's right, it's the house on the right with the giraffes outside, but don't look for them when you arrive as they live inside in winter. Don't worry though, they're fully house trained.'
Sadly that was the last correspondence I received from them... I was so hoping to wind them up some more!