Does this sound odd?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.

Spam?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 17

revdev

Post by revdev »

This type of TMI enquiry is quite common via AirBnB.

The younger demographic and emphasis on being a community seems to provoke many to tell a bit of a life story :)

I suppose it makes a nice change from "Hi, can you tell me your price and if you have availability".
See the job, do the job!
http://www.premiumturkishvillas.co.uk
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I suppose it's better than "I'm a tenacious solicitor who never loses a case and my boyfriend works at a small failing broker firm and is facing redundancy so what discount can you offer us?"
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

e-richard wrote:What's the harm in going forward to the next step?

Its the next email that will confirm scam or not and you can easily ignore the offer to send 250% of your rental
Agree. Definitely TMI, but could be legit & I would probably respond.

Though he did not offer the info in the initial inquiry, I once had an enquirer tell me that he was a retired member of the RCMP so could we give his group of 4 men a discount since our house would be very secure while he stayed there! Then he didn't end up booking because he didn't trust paying via bank transfer.
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

I've had several similar and people were simply trying to reassure me that they're upstanding citizens with a salary that allows them to travel and rent gorgeous properties...
:)
Lounging on the lily pad...