scams?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mouse

scams?

Post by Mouse »

Here are some of the 'likely' scam enquiries I have had over the past month or so;

Hello, I was wondering whether you had any availability around the dates provided above? We were looking to Stay for 7 nights if at all possible. It would be lovely to hear back from you. many thanks in advance,Daniel

No surname, no tel.no.

Hello Jaki, We saw your ad and we are interested in renting your property. Can you give me more information about the house/rental. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Sarah

Surname Boucher, no tel no., enquiring about out of season dates.

Hi I was hoping you could let me know if your cottage is free for the above dates. Regards,Macy

easy one as no tel no., no surname and the fact she called it a cottage not villa.

Hi there! Hi. We are interested in renting your entire property for a family reunion. We would like information about the property location, amenities, proximity to shopping and beaches. Thank you.

no dates, no surname, no tel.no.

and finally this one that never replied even when I contacted her through her ad.

Hello, My name is Ella, we are 3 families with 2 babies and a toddler, looking for a villa for the dates requested. We are renting our properties in Cyprus on Owners direct (Property CY6140), so we pretty much know how everything works. I just wanted to check availability for the dates requested and if there is any additional costs. Also is it ok to do one week Friday to Friday as 2 families have to fly back to UK, they have a wedding to attend on Saturday? Looking forward hearing from you! Ella

again no telephone number and an odd email addy.

There were another 3 but all those were easy enough to detect (use of the word vacation, questions to try and get me to reply when the info is plain to see, ridiculous names etc.)

Like Anew....I preferred the greek priests :cry:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!