@bitmessage.....scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
pambon

@bitmessage.....scam?

Post by pambon »

I have received an enquiry through OD by an enquirer using his name@bitmessage.ch

From my google search it seems to have something to do with bitcoins :shock:

However, the guy has phoned me and confirmned his booking maintaining he has sent me two emails but I have not received anything from him apart from the original request via OD.

Two things strike me strange: he said on OD he was in a hurry to have confirmation and by phone he told me he has lived in the UK for 20 years (but he is not British which was obvious by both name and his accent) but he holds a Euro credit card and to pay in sterling would cost a lot in commission.

Although he does sound genuine I am just a little perplexed; what do you folks think?
joddle

Post by joddle »

When people say they are in a hurry to confirm I usually then take extra care - why the rush? he may have lived in the UK but that does not mean he still has a UK bank account so that part sort of rings true but a few things make me suspisious

A) the cost of paying in pounds - he could use one of many means of transferring cash or money - sound like an excuse - maybe he is going to pay by stolen cheque or use a stolen foreign credit card!

B) The insistance on the need to hurry - why?

C) The fact he says he sent emails which you have not received. How come one arrives and other do not - does not sound right to me.

I could be wrong but my guard would certainly be up on this until proved otherwise.....
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Joddle I have moved this discussion to members only!