Carrie Snowden

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Zingara

Carrie Snowden

Post by Zingara »

Hi again,

My apologies for delay in reply.
I am happy to advise that we successfully decided to book your property.
Please see in the attached reservation request the dates, names and phone numbers of our family members so you can edit the booking confirmation properly.
If the dates are booked already please let me know so we can work something out. If something else is needed please advise.
Sincerly

Must be the visit to the UK of Sissy Spacek then....didn't even get a first request from this individual
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

I just had 4 emails from the Carrie Snowden all the same wording.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I got exactly the same, gmail spam filter put it into the spam folder for me, which was nice :D
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Add Richard Hills (no, not Head, but should be) to this text: having replied to say not available, the splurge above arrives, word for word.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Keeping this thread alive as I have just received the following from Carrie Snowdon.

Sorry for delay. Please find attached the contract booking signed that you sent me.
I will wait your urgent response.
Thanks

It looks convincing and the attachment purported to be a simple .pdf file. Luckily we don't have any outstanding contracts and so my suspicions were raised but if we were busier then I could well have opened it.

Thanks again to all LMH'ers who contribute to this great forum.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Basic rule of thumb - never open attachments or links and ask enquirers you are still uncertain about to send any narrative in the body of an email. The legit guys will have no problem with this.
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

We had a similar one from 'Wendy'. The title was 'Re: booking contract signed, payment done'

'Sorry for delay but i was on a business. Please find attached the contract booking signed that you sent me.

Thanks
Wendy'
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Old Bill wrote:We had a similar one from 'Wendy'. The title was 'Re: booking contract signed, payment done'

'Sorry for delay but i was on a business. Please find attached the contract booking signed that you sent me.

Thanks
Wendy'
I had that one too this afternoon, but from Mary
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Dotty wrote:
Old Bill wrote:We had a similar one from 'Wendy'. The title was 'Re: booking contract signed, payment done'

Thanks
Wendy'
I had that one too this afternoon, but from Mary
Must be Wendy's identical twin sister.