Micheal David

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
aasta

Micheal David

Post by aasta »

His inquiry landed in our inbox. I was fairly certain that it was a scam. OH was not, since it was a gmail email address and seemed above board when he checked.

So we replied. Just received his response with the entire bit about sending more money and expecting a refund etc....
aasta
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Every email enquiry I have had with the name Michael, spelt Micheal, has turned out to be a scam in the making.....( of course I am not 100% sure but approximately 99.725% sure).
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I had to Google to see if Micheal was a legitimate spelling as I suspect that our scam emailers just don't know how to spell 'Michael' properly. Surprisingly it is legit, albeit uncommon. Apparently it's a Gaelic name. No, I didn't know that either :D
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Please do post the original enquiry text aasta. He's likely to use the same text but with a different name.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Yup... Micheal, pronounced Mee-hal is a Gaelic, or more commonly, Irish name... but if the enquiry's not written in good/colloquial English and followed by a suitable Irish surname, I would continue to to very suspicious, FelicityA!! :lol:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Yes, Gitemontjoly, I am Irish as it happens but I have never seen it written without the accents ( fada) Mícheál and the people who have names with accents are very careful to know where those are on their computers.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

:lol: very true!
aasta

Post by aasta »

sorry, I put it in the junk box and Oh "emptied" the contents yesterday.
aasta
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

We just had one from him.....

Good Morning

My name is Micheal Christ David , I’m looking for accommodation for One week only.

Starting from : 8 August 2015
Checking out Date : 15 August 2015,
Guest: 2 adult

Hope to read back from you with the cost prices for one week and if its not available for the date , Please get back to me with available date

Thanks

Bonjour

Mon nom est Micheal Christ David , je suis à la recherche de logements pour une semaine seulement.

À partir de: 8 Août 2015
Checking out Date: 15 Août 2015,
Invité: 2 adultes

Espoir de relire de vous avec les prix de revient pour une semaine et si son pas disponibles pour la date, S'il vous plaît revenir à moi avec date disponible

Merci
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

+1
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Who knew that the Second Coming would take the form of a wide scale financial scam? Mysterious ways indeed :mrgreen:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Well he has clearly had second thoughts and decided to look at going to beautiful Yorkshire instead!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

zebedee wrote:Well he has clearly had second thoughts and decided to look at going to beautiful Yorkshire instead!
And if the weather your side of the Pennines today is anything like ours, the ability to walk on water will be a plus..... :roll:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Love it Greenbarn! :D :D :D