Pay Pal Scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
lolita

Pay Pal Scam

Post by lolita »

This paypal scam is doing the rounds. Do not click on the link. If you have any doubt abour your paypal account go direct to your account.
Below is the text

Reference: #PP-003-630-709-005

Account Status Update Response required
We noticed unusual activity in your account Upon receipt

Recently, there's been activity in your account that seems unusual compared to your normal account activities. Please log in to to confirm you're the account holder.

To help protect your account, no one can send money or withdraw money. In addition, no one can add money to your account, add a card, add a bank account, remove any bank accounts, remove credit cards, send refunds, or close your account.
What's going on?

We're concerned that someone is using your account without your knowledge. Recent activity from your account seems to have occurred from a suspicious location or under circumstances that may be different than usual.

What do l have to do?

Log in to your account as soon as possible. We may ask you to confirm information you provided when you created your account to make sure you're the account holder, follow this steps:
Provide the information needed, to make sure you're the account holder.
What's next?

Let's work together to restore your account. After you complete all of the tasks, we should respond within 72 hours.

Sincerely,
PayPaI lnc.

This email was sent by an automated system, so if you reply, nobody will see it.
Copyright © 2015 , Inc. All rights reserved. is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I don't deal with PayPal, so I always have a laugh at the scammer's expense when I receive an email like that.

kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I sometimes click on these links and enter completely false information. At least it wastes a few seconds of their time. Then I find out where the domain is registered and report it. Only by people reporting it, will the link be deactivated.