HomeAway Phishing scam -

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Annew

HomeAway Phishing scam -

Post by Annew »

received today - apologies for the length of the quote. I've forwarded the 3 emails I've received as follows to Spoof@ha

Dear Owner,

Thank you for choosing HomeAway!

As part of our standard quality control procedures, your account has been selected for further review. Before we can proceed with keeping your listing published, we will need a bit more information from youIf you are the owner of the property, we ask that you please provide us with the following information:

1. A copy of your photo ID (both sides of your driver's license or passport)

2. A copy of a deed of sale and title deed

If you manage or represent this property on behalf of the owner, we ask that you please provide us with the following information:

* Full company name

* Registration # or VAT ID or if a sole trader a faxed copy of identification of a named key contact

* List of the key contacts within the organisation

* A signed letter from the key contact outlining they have the right to market the properties on behalf of the owner.

* A copy of the lease agreement you have signed with the owner(s).

Please make sure that all information is clear and legible. Proof of ownership and/or authorisation to rent, along with photo ID, may be included as an attachment in reply to this email.

Why is HomeAway reviewing my account?

This additional step is essential to ensure a quality experience for our travellers, thus benefiting you and all of our other members. We collect the proof of id & ownership in order to verify the legitimacy of the listing.

How long will this review take?

Upon receipt of the requested documents, if they are in compliance with our request, it will take up to 48 business hours (2 working days) to make your listing live on our site. You will receive an email confirmation once your listing is online and available for travellers to see.

If I don’t provide these documents?

We understand you may have privacy concerns about sharing this information. However, it is important for you to know that HomeAway collects the proof of ID and ownership as part of our security process. Our responsibility is to provide travellers with a safe and secure environment in which to search for holiday accommodation. The steps that we take are designed to enhance our travellers’ experiences, which in turn benefits all of our members.

If you don’t want to provide these documents, unfortunately we won’t be able to keep your listing published.

How do you protect my personal information once you have it?

Please rest assured that this request is purely for administrative and security purposes and the information is not passed onto any third parties. The documents are used to verify owner legitimacy prior to publishing a listing, and are then removed from our system and stored on our highly secure servers. Our company takes data protection very seriously and we can certify that all the necessary measures are taken to preserve your privacy.

For more information you can also consult our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Policy by following the links below:

HomeAway Terms and Conditions: http://www.HomeAway.co.uk/termsandconditions.htm

HomeAway Privacy Policy: http://www.HomeAway.co.uk/privacypolicy.htm

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email; we're happy to help!

Please make sure that all information is clear and legible and that you provide us with the requested documentation via reply to this email

We look forward to hearing from you and to working with you to advertise your rental property.

Kind regards,

Luke

HomeAway Trust and Security

HomeAway UK Limited

Address: Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH, UK

Company registration number: 03152676 (England and Wales)

Vat number: BG673 2533 34

Legal Information HomeAway UK Ltd.

Address:Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH, UK

Company registration number:03152676 (England & Wales)

Vat number:GB 673 2533 34
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!