Which domain name?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
kg1

Which domain name?

Post by kg1 »

Fed up with listing sites & looking at a serious website instead.

Which would you recommend -

www.selfcateringnewforest.com (co.uk taken long ago)

or

www.graftonholidayhome.co.uk

Is there any way of telling how high a .com would come up in searches? Does it depend entirely on key words?

web ignorant - moi?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I would have thought the first one would come up more easily as it is something someone would type in a search? (not so web-savvy, moi, either!).
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

.co.uk will have small advantage in a UK search. I've heard of the New Forest but not the other name.

I had a look at the co.uk name already taken and I reckon a .com with the same name could overtake that site on Google in no time with some quality content. When I made a search on "new forest self catering" the first non listing site was actually a .com domain on page 2.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

kevsboredagain wrote:.co.uk will have small advantage in a UK search. I've heard of the New Forest but not the other name.

I had a look at the co.uk name already taken and I reckon a .com with the same name could overtake that site on Google in no time with some quality content. When I made a search on "new forest self catering" the first non listing site was actually a .com domain on page 2.
Thanks Kev - I hoped you'd come to my rescue!