Erik Lemay via OD

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Annew

Erik Lemay via OD

Post by Annew »

Had 2 from this person this evening, for dates not available, and with 2 different emails (both non existent) and a well dodgy phone number

Was just saying to a fellow LMHer that I hadn't had a spam OD enquiry for some time..... just goes to show!
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

We had this one last night too. What do you do? I'm going to have to reply to keep up with the response rate. Did you notify OD Annew?
Annew

Post by Annew »

SandyBeaches wrote:We had this one last night too. What do you do? I'm going to have to reply to keep up with the response rate. Did you notify OD Annew?
I've notified HA by email scam@homeaway and also sent a request for them do something about this via the help dashboard.

It's so irritating ... if you don't reply to what is obviously a scam it affects your listing. HA/OD don't seem to be doing anything to prevent us being scammed.... oh sorry, I forgot... the withholding of email addresses, like that's going to help. :(
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

After I posted on here I read the OD help section which was surprisingly helpful for a change!

If you click on 'reply' in the dashboard it does give you the option to report it as spam, which also removes it from your dashboard so no need to reply to the spammer.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Is that the same in the HA dashboard. I can't see it anywhere or am just being thick?
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Don't know about HA - I only have OD.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Amazing, I actually got a reply from HA, but only the usual "this is what to do to avoid phishing" etc.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

Well, our Eric (or Erick) is very persistent. Emailed me back today to say:

Hello xxx,

Can you please contact me directly at xx(@)gmail.com I can not open your homeaway emails on my tablet. Also if you have availability for next year for the same dates we would be really interested.

Warm Regards
Erick

The @ has brackets round it so the gmail.com is a hyperlink.

Delete I think!
Annew

Post by Annew »

Me too - exact same email via the dashboard.

How odd as HA said he has been blocked from emailing - just shows that they may make the right noise but don't actually take much action!