David Stobbs

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Phoebe

David Stobbs

Post by Phoebe »

Please has anyone else had an enquiry from a David Stobbs or an enquiry that went nowhere around the date of renewing your Owners Direct listing? I was so angry with OD's new rate card, effectively trying to force us into paying many times the old rate, that I left my renewal until the last minute. Hey presto, a very genuine looking enquiry arrived almost immediately and he replied to my replies very quickly. However, once I'd quoted rates and availability there was nothing from him. Call me cynical, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

Best,

Phoebe
Looking for an easy life
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I think it's quite possible that as your ad comes up for renewal they post you far more prominently - and maybe even give you a featured listing - to try and generate some enquiries to make you renew but I don't think they actually fake responses. I had an enquiry from the US - my first ever - days before my listing on HA expired which went nowhere, but I Googled the sender and they are very real.