House/Gite somewhere between Lyon & St Etienne

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
teba18

House/Gite somewhere between Lyon & St Etienne

Post by teba18 »

We're looking for somewhere to stay for about 10 days next June (about 10 days from around June 18th). There'll be 8 of us, mostly over 60 and extremely well behaved! Husbands have some tickets for Euro matches in both St Etienne & Lyon and we other halves are just looking for a bit of relaxation in the French countryside while they go off and 'do their thing'! In an ideal world, we'd like a pool and a bit of garden but that's not a deal breaker.
If anyone has anything in that kind of area and might be interested in renting to us, please let me know.
Thanks!
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Booked somewhere - gotta get ahead of the game!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My son and friends all applied for tickets and not one of them got any. Lucky husbands. :wink:
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Oh dear Nemo! My OH got tickets for 2 matches but we have a good friend who applied for hundreds because he never gets anything ..... and this time he ended up getting loads! I'm pretty sure a lot of them will be going back in the pot for resale - he was totally gobsmacked!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Probably not in the right location as they are just south of St Etienne, but the people who own this were my guests for a couple of years. Left my place spotless, so assume their own property will be the same. http://www.amivac.com/location-de-vacances-7585
teba18

Post by teba18 »

Thanks Helen - we booked somewhere yesterday.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Still hope then, but travel and accommodation costs will rise as it gets nearer the time I guess.