Rosie Mark via OD

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Gazpacho

Rosie Mark via OD

Post by Gazpacho »

This one seemed reasonably plausible at first. The message was:

"Hello I'm interested in this house for rent we are 5 or 6 adults and 2 children please let me know if the house is still available.Thank You".

We do sometimes get real ones like that! The phone number was a US one. Email was mackrosie at hotmail.com which should have alerted me (enquirer claimed her surname was Mark)! So I sent our standard reply just in case and received this straightaway:

"I'm really sorry but i can't see what you are sending to me please provide me your email address and i will contact you there because i really can't see what are you sending to me and i really want to rent this house this vacation will be our dream come true we want to visit this country for to long.Thank you for your understanding and hope you receive my email and hope to hear from you soon."

Obvious scam again. I rang the US number out of interest and there was just an answerphone!

We used to get a huge volume of scam enquiries through OD and the number has plummeted, but judging by previous posts on this topic scammers are trying to think of different ways to get round the problem of not seeing our emails any more.