The two Marias from OD

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
aussiefrog

The two Marias from OD

Post by aussiefrog »

After quite a long spam-free spell I had two suspect enquiries today, both with the first name of Maria, both for dates showing unavailable.

The first sounded a bit strange but I replied that it was already booked.

The second from Maria Thomas has an email address xxxx@gorbers.co.uk and in the phone number it says US xxx which I've never seen in the phone number field before. I Googled gorbers.co.uk and got a 404 error.

Her message, with an odd use of 'time interval':
Hello, I am intrested in renting your property for one week, I am wondering if 10-17 september is ok, if not can you suggest other dates near this time interval? Thank you! Maria

I've sent it to the spoof address.

I hope this isn't the opening of another flood gate of spam enquiries from OD. After all the aggro we've had to endure with the new website and their supposed higher security, it'll be just too much.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I had this one yesterday too from Maria Thomas.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Maria Thomas is back again, asking for different dates. She is 'very flexible' with dates to the end of September.

So despite the fact that I've forwarded her first email to Spoof and flagged it as spam, she's still making enquiries.