HA or OD enquiry confusion

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

HA or OD enquiry confusion

Post by Sam V »

I've just had an enquiry text and email from OD. I've logged into my OD dashboard Inbox to reply ASAP to maintain my good behaviour record and noticed under the enquirers name 'Home Away.com', all previous enquiries have 'owners direct.co.uk'. So I've also logged into my HA account and there is no enquiry from the same person and all previous enquiries have HA under the enquirers name. So now I'm a bit confused why an HA enquiry is in my OD dashboard. I'm sure someone can enlighten me.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

First of all as you know HomeAway own 100% of OD, so its really all the same company.

The recent major makeover of OD is really a copy/paste of the HomeAway website backend so that they are effectively one and the same. In this copy/paste exercise, it's likely that some texts were not translated form HA to OD

- or indeed it could be deliberate and we'll eventually see OD morph into a HA branded site.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Is you HA listing now also showing on OD (or vice-versa). I have a similar problem with Abritel.
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

I have separate paid accounts for both OD and HA so that's why I thought it was more odd that if someone was enquiring via my HA listing that it should come through to my OD listing. I've double checked a search on both sites in case I'm somehow listed twice with either site, I'm not. So still a bit odd that an enquiry seemingly generated from my HA listing should come through to my OD listing.

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

I've now had a reply to the enquiry, and although I replied direct in my OD dashboard, the enquirer has replied direct to my personal email address (not supplied in the quote) that they want to book and have supplied all their details for me in a PDF! (I know these PDFs are a scam not to be opened!)

So I know now this is not an HA/OD system glitch but some kind of hack, I best contact OD now I guess.