My first experience of a scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
rosebud

My first experience of a scam?

Post by rosebud »

The first apparent scam I have experienced since advertising independently sent from Frank Lauren via The Cottage Guide
Regarding the payment arrangement,I am assuring you that their won't be any problem because our company's associate in Europe would be paying for our holiday expenses and they have inform me that they will be making the payment via Euro Check.

The Euro Check that you will receive will be in excess, has Our trip expenses which include our B.T.A (Basic Travelers Allowance)fee will be included with the rental fee base on trust. As soon as you have receive the Euro Check you would have it deposited into your account for clearance, you would deduct the rental fee and i will tell you how to send our trip expenses which include our B.T.A (Basic Travelers Allowance)fee to my traveling agent so that he can do all paperwork's, After the Euro Check has been cleared in your account.

I will appreciate if you can get back to me with the following information that will be need by our company business associate to make the payment out to you, so that you can receive the Euro Check as soon as possible:

Full Name on Euro Check:
Full address:
City:
Zip code
province:
Telephone Number :

I would be very glad if you can be of a helping hand, I will be looking forward to read back from you with the information needed above.
They also asked for dates I had previously said were not available
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I would reply and give them the address of your local police. That way they send the fake check there. Tell them you can only cash the cheque if they include their own contact details as the bank requires this.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Definite scam Rosebud!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

This could be a daft question, but having never come across them myself but do Euro Check/Cheques exist??
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Yes Euro Cheques do exist - according to Wikipedia! - but it seems the payment is in Euros - not so helpful in the U.K.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Even less helpful in this instance as it's most likely to be a bouncer - only you won't know until quite a while after banking it and it apparently clears, so you refund the over payment and subsequently discover you are seriously out of pocket. :evil:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!