Is this real or a scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
oasiscouple

Is this real or a scam?

Post by oasiscouple »

I am putting this in the scam section as I am doubtful.

I am not with any site linked (as far as I know) with Trip Advisor but have recently received an email from TripAdvisor Rentals headed "Simon,it's time to start using your new Dashboard".

The first part of the email is as follows:

"TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals

It’s here: your new dashboard

We’ve spent months talking to holiday home owners from across the globe and hearing about their biggest challenges.

The result? A completely redesigned dashboard that makes taking bookings as easy as possible.

Sign in

TIP: don’t forget to bookmark the new link as it has now replaced the previous version.

Best Wishes,
The TripAdvisor Team"

I haven't clicked on the "Sign in" as I don't know why I have received this and whether it is genuine, unless it is because I was with HL until I left them 3 years ago.

Any comments please?
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Essar

Post by Essar »

Do you list with FK, this would also work as they are owned by TA?

Even though you don't keep up your subscription with HL your account may still exist.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

No, I am not with FK, so perhaps, despite leaving HL, I am still in their system.

Has anyone else received the same email as I still don't know if it is genuine?
Honi soit qui peu y boit
teba18

Post by teba18 »

I had the same e-mail. I checked it out and it was linked to an account we used to have when we listed with HL. I've no idea why they think we'd be interested in having a TA dashboard when we haven't advertised with HL for years!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

oasiscouple wrote:Has anyone else received the same email as I still don't know if it is genuine?'
Yes, that email was sent genuinely to TA/FK/HL subscribers.

It appears to have been sent to a few others as well, but I don't think its a scam, more like a bug. :cry:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !