Attempt to obtain password by whom ?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Garipiere

Attempt to obtain password by whom ?

Post by Garipiere »

I think this is a scam . Has anyone else received the following  request for availability but without any dates from Gregory Bales:
Message on the 8th of November
«Bonjour,

Je tiens ŕ louer votre propriété. Est les dates disponibles? Si oui, combien sera pour cette période?

Cordialement,
Gregory »

Reply on the 9th asking him to indicate dates
«  Bonjour

nous ne pouvons pas vous répondre car votre message n'indique pas à quelles dates vous voulez louer la Garipiere!

merci de nous le préciser

Cordialement

Marie-Pierre Watt «

Message received on the 17th
Dear,

Thank you so much for the information. We are very interested in booking your property.
Please find attached the Enquiry Form our passports and our requests, (our full names - persons, address, phone number contact, email address and the period that interests us. We have put flexible dates, just let us know which one is available.
After you fill it with our dates i will make payment straight away.
Kindest Regards!

Sent from my iPhone

Download as PDF Save to Onedrive

Attempted download gives the following message:

I did not Log in again as I think it is an attempt to get my password., but it is fairly sophisticated and I have never heard of it before and I wonder who is behind it. If you google "the brochuredesigner.com" there are several references to pages but with a 404 message. There is ,however, a real site called the brochuredesign.com.
Last edited by Garipiere on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Le progrès : un grand saut vers le néant." Cioran
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Garipiere, welcome to LMH. This is a classic scam. The name of the person is somewhat irrelevant. Guests sending information on a form that you haven't sent them is not the normal practise. Have a read of some of the posts in this scam section and you will start to become familiar with the type of scams out there.
tavi

Post by tavi »

As Nemo says, read the scam section to get a picture of what kind of scams are out there.

A good rule of thumb is NEVER, EVER click on a link in ANY email unless you are expecting it and even then be careful! A good alternative, I believe, is to copy the link and paste it into your Internet Browser's address bar.

Welcome to LMH by the way. :)