am paying for a FB post boost to sell 4-week cancellation

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

am paying for a FB post boost to sell 4-week cancellation

Post by tavi »

Just received a cancellation of a 4-week Jan/Feb booking... sob. :cry:

Need the money to pay for the new bathroom and floorings which are going in now.

So have just taken a €12 7 day post boost targetted with the following tags:
retired
55-65 yr olds
walkers
birdwatchers
Portugal
Algarve
nature
food drink
travel

located in UK, Ireland, Isle of Man

In the last hour it's been shown to 101 people (as opposed to my usual reach of about 30)

Watch this space?
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Tavi, I've just posted something relating to this on another thread so pasting it below also.

Based on my own experience I suggest you try just females and just one location for maybe an hour or two see if you notice any peak. Unfortunately by the time I'd sussed it out properly I was near the end of my trial but I found each time I made a change in demographics it caused a rise in responses.

<snip>
I needed to fill a 2 week summer slot that had been cancelled at short notice so I setup a £2 per day like-building exercise and planned to run it for 2 weeks at a cost of £28. By the 4th day I'd got the 2 weeks sold. There's a lot of crap/bogus ID stuff on there but if you think of it as purely a numbers game then it's certainly worth a try. My demographics were showing me that 75%+ of clickers were female and 80%+ were using mobile phones. Very easy to switch different countries on and off and so focus more on dedicated areas (if appropriate). I only got the one booking (objective achieved) but as a consequence ended up with a list of almost 300 prospects whom I can now potentially 'spam' for next year
</snip>
Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I had no idea you could change the target audience once you had set it up and it was live. :cry:
tavi

Post by tavi »

Bunny wrote:I had no idea you could change the target audience once you had set it up and it was live. :cry:
I didn't either, will have a look.

Yes, I've noticed that most of my fans are women - perhaps I should have tagged them instead of all.

One thing I've noticed is that of the people who've liked my post so far (and no actual new page likes or bookings yet) some have been old fans/in fact old guests. So hardly new stuff - probably simply that FB is not showing them my posts as a general rule.

edit: and trying it only on mobiles is relevant too.; thanks Gordo.

edit again: I've just found the Advert Manager (top right in the drop-down menu) and have edited to women only, including mobile devices and expanded to France and Spain English speaking. haha :D Let's see.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Bunny wrote:I had no idea you could change the target audience once you had set it up and it was live. :cry:
Yes and that's my point, it seemed to me that each time I made a significant change something within FB seemed to try a bit harder?!!! I don't have a clue how it's supposed to work but it was easy to monitor the changes very soon after they occurred.

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…