OD Lori Dreyer, Lori Corbett, Diane Downton

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
aussiefrog

OD Lori Dreyer, Lori Corbett, Diane Downton

Post by aussiefrog »

Got excited to receive 4 enquiries this morning from OD, I mean even one enquiry would have been exciting these days. That was until I opened them, 2 from Lori Dreyer, 1 each from the others, all the same message, all giving a different email address to reply to in the message. All now reported as scams:

“Hey, We were looking around for a nice place to spend our summer vacation and came accross your lovely property. Is it available for these dates? If not, what other dates do you have available? I can be reached at: lori.heath01@ gmail.com as i can also check this email when i'm out of the office. Best Regards.”
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Aussifrog, I had exactly the same message only from Lori Harrod. I haven't had any scam emails from OD for a long time but have received 2 in the last couple of weeks.
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Dusty wrote:Hi Aussifrog, I had exactly the same message only from Lori Harrod. I haven't had any scam emails from OD for a long time but have received 2 in the last couple of weeks.
Hi Dusty
I haven't had any in a long time either, then these four today. Seems the lovely Lori has found a way around OD's 'secure' system!
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Just had exactly the same inquiry from somebody called Andrew Colmer.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Update from Lori Herrod/Heath or whatever s/he calls herself today. I received the following message today:

Hello,

Our family is very excited about spending our vacation at your place. We have one more question, if you don't mind.
We looked the location posted on the booking website and we can't manage to find your place.
Can you please confirm the below coordinates are displayed correctly?

Followed by a link that more than likely takes you to a false login screen where you are encouraged to input email address and password, or some other scam.
It would be nice to be able to get back at these people somehow but I am not clever enough to do that, anyone any ideas?
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Add Andrew Drew to the list, who becomes andrewcollins1980atgmail.com

Identical wording...
Isy

Post by Isy »

Got the same message but with a different name (Diane Hartfield). Like Dusty, I haven't had any scam email from OD for a long time.... so I guess I am due one :D
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Isy wrote:Got the same message but with a different name (Diane Hartfield). Like Dusty, I haven't had any scam email from OD for a long time.... so I guess I am due one :D
Isy, prepare yourself! I had another today and after a long period of virtually no OD scam enquiries, it looks like the flood is starting up again.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

aussiefrog wrote: I had another today and after a long period of virtually no OD scam enquiries, it looks like the flood is starting up again.
Always one for a good Conspiracy Theory (and if you throw enough mud.......) previous episodes of phishing have worked very much in OD's favour in giving them a platform from which to preach their apparent reasons for taking control of owner/guest communication - for the benefit of owners, guests and, of course, investors.

I wonder what new "service for guests and owners" OD are due to announce? :twisted:
GRL

Post by GRL »

greenbarn wrote:
aussiefrog wrote: I had another today and after a long period of virtually no OD scam enquiries, it looks like the flood is starting up again.
Always one for a good Conspiracy Theory (and if you throw enough mud.......) previous episodes of phishing have worked very much in OD's favour in giving them a platform from which to preach their apparent reasons for taking control of owner/guest communication - for the benefit of owners, guests and, of course, investors.

I wonder what new "service for guests and owners" OD are due to announce? :twisted:
Well VRBO have announced they will be charging holidaymakers a 4-10% service fee and I am sure this will be applied to all under tghe Expedia/HA umbrella soon enough - https://help.vrbo.com/articles/What-is- ... es-it-work
The service fee helps cover the cost of running the HomeAway websites and offering features such as 24/7 customer support.
Isy

Post by Isy »

aussiefrog wrote:
Isy wrote:Got the same message but with a different name (Diane Hartfield). Like Dusty, I haven't had any scam email from OD for a long time.... so I guess I am due one :D
Isy, prepare yourself! I had another today and after a long period of virtually no OD scam enquiries, it looks like the flood is starting up again.
Thanks Aussiefrog for the warning, I ll keep an eye out for them!
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Rather glad I'm quitting - no more spam! :D
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Just arrived via Owners Direct. I'd say it was a variation of Aussiefrog's scam?

Message from Daniel Baker

Sorry to bother you, We came accross your lovely property on the ownersdirect page. Is it available for these dates? If not, what other dates do you have available? I can be reached at: danielbailey1972@ gmail.com as i can check this address on my iphone. Waiting to hear from you
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

I'd say so, Eileen. Do they really think we don't find it odd that they give a different email address to reply to?
COYS

Post by COYS »

Add emilyjefferson1 at hotmail to that list. Same shite, different name, but she can pick up replies 'out of office on her iPhone' obviously. Yawn.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.