Christine Barrows OD enquiry

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Christine Barrows OD enquiry

Post by Sam V »

My turn to receive one of these again. Enquired for unavailable dates:

Dear Sir/Madam, We are a family of 4, looking for a nice place for our vacation. Is your property available for these dates? If not, what other dates do you have available? I can be reached at: christineowl@ hotmail.com as i can check this address from my iphone. All the best.

I replied from my dashboard that my property is not available to them as I am aware of their scam.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I've had about 5 or 6 of these Sam, and have done the same as you. You wonder why they're still attempting to do it and also how they're getting past OD.
Makes me ponder that it would be fairly easy for owners on commission to use the same style, unless they're more careful checking those.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

I think they do monitor ours more Mouse. I just recently had a very strong enquiry for next year with the added possibility of renting our two neighbours villas which my manager now also manages. Obviously I can't arrange a booking of three villas from my commission listing when two aren't mine, so tried to send her the same email format and hinting at our website. It got blocked and I've since been stumped unless she thinks to find me elsewhere.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com