Tripadvisor enquiry by email looks very real

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Bree

Tripadvisor enquiry by email looks very real

Post by Bree »

Today I received an email saying I have an enquiry it looks very genuine as if it is from tripadvisor but I looged on to TA not through the email link but their website and their is no enquiry in my inbox so I presume a scam.
I also hovered over the links and compared to a genuine email and they are different so just to be careful.
The big giveaway is my "response rate" it is 95% on scam email obviously somebody else's!!
Marks

Post by Marks »

Send it to: book.safe@flipkey.com

This is TA security team email address.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Bree

Post by Bree »

Thank you very much for email address and I have sent off the email. Maybe they will warn homeowners to log in via the website..
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

Something similar has happened to me, recently. The email message looked genuine (and actually it was) but I couldn't find any reference in my dashboard. Panic, for the fear that a missed answer could worsen my response rate. I finally realized I was logging to a wrong account. In a nutshell, TripAdvisor has gathered under one place the former accounts of HolidayLettings, FlipKey, HouseTrip and Niumba, which is fine, but according to the credentials you still get access to one rather than other. The only way to know what account your inquiry originates from, is to see the account number in the upper left corner of the email. I find this regrettable, but the fact is now I find myself with an account (Niumba in my case) with a totally deteriorated response time. Hope this help you.
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)