Promote my Place new responsive website templates

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
FelicityA

Promote my Place new responsive website templates

Post by FelicityA »

Excellent news from Promote my Place. Now even more reason to use their templates and benefit from their quite exceptional customer service. (I sound like an advertisement for them, don't I !?). I do have a referral code ( PM for details) that benefits the giver and the receiver by £10 off either but so do several others on this forum so I don't jump in every time! :roll:

System Update - What's New?
We’re pleased to announce the release of several significant improvements to the PromoteMyPlace system.

These include:
Template framework re-coded to allow for greater flexibility.
New responsive versions of existing templates.
Two new template designs released.
We highly recommend upgrading your website to one of the new responsive templates - either the responsive version of your existing template, or one of the newly designed templates.

By doing so you will also benefit from the following additional enhancements:
Website visitors can manually control the header image slideshow.
Ability to add header image captions with a ‘call to action’.
Redesigned Forms and upgrade of CAPTCHA for improved usability.
New-look search facility and improved navigation for multi-property websites.
For full details about this upgrade and information on how to switch to the new responsive templates, please see our Support Forum Announcement.

We hope you like the new template designs and can see the benefit of all additional updates that have been made.

If you have any questions, feedback, or experience any issues, please get in touch via email at support@promotemyplace.zendesk.com with full details and we’ll assist as quickly as we can.

Best wishes,
The PromoteMyPlace Team
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Yes, I received this too. But what is 'call to action'?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Bunny

Re: Promote my Place new responsive website templates

Post by Bunny »

FelicityA wrote:I do have a referral code ( PM for details) that benefits the giver and the receiver by £10 off either but so do several others on this forum so I don't jump in every time! :roll:
No reason to not jump in. Giving out a referral code doesn't necessarily mean it gets used. A bit like responding to an enquiry - it may take a while and doesn't mean you will definitely get the booking. :wink:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Sam V wrote:Yes, I received this too. But what is 'call to action'?
I believe it's a button which the guest can click on that takes them directly to something requiring a response e.g. an enquiry button. But I could be wrong.
Emmy

New template...

Post by Emmy »

Hello, I'm new to all this... We're only opening this year and I'm currently working on PMP website. I've loved working with PMP so far but... Before going any further with it today I thought I might as well update my template, only to find it just doesn't look as good... Maybe I'm just used to seeing the old version. I've had to cut out a page/tab for the tabs to show at all (I'm on a macbook, which is quite small and I know they say there might be issues on iPads etc, but then potential viewers might well be too), and with two different gites to describe, it looks clumsy when you search for them. The central writing panel has all shifted to the LHS... The photos on my home page are too large..... I know their support team is superb, but I'm now not sure whether to stay with the old version (I've reverted to it for now) or, just as I'm almost ready to finally publish (though no interior photos yet....we're still updating!) start almost from scratch changing everything so it fits the new layout.
Has anyone else found it's created too many layout problems? Anyone else decided to stick with the old templates...?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

You're right bunny about the 'call to action'. It's marketing speak for nudging the viewer/potential customer to the next stage you want them to take.

I took a look at the new layouts and choose one to preview but it didn't work right on my tablet....so think I'll leave it for a few weeks until they iron out any glitches.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Emmy, I've not upgraded yet, but will do and report back later.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Emmy, I haven't done anything to mine yet either as I am currently on holiday and away for a couple of weeks. Something to look forward to when I get home again and by then you will all have worked it all out ! 8)

Editing this to say that whenever I have problems, I get onto them and they usually get straight back so if it is not doing what you think it should be ( I.e. An improvement, not a retrograde step) I would advise letting them know.
Last edited by FelicityA on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmy

Post by Emmy »

I've gone ahead and published the original version... I just wanted to have something to show for my week's work! Yes, Bunny, let me know how you go on...
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Actually, I have always been perfectly happy with the way it displayed on my iPad and iphone but I don't know how it performed on other people's android devices. Perhaps this was needed.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I've now carried out the upgrade. I had some of the issues as mentioned to be expected by PMP and have managed to put those right. However, my 'Highlights' have become squashed up as one long sentence instead of key phrases. Also my payment icons have become huge and fill the screen. I've reported these issues to PMP and I'm sure they will get back to me asap. Everything else appears to be OK. I've not actually changed anything yet and have kept the same template, but I may try some of the new features when I've got more time. The main thing is to upgrade to get it more compatible/friendly.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

PMP have responded and resolved my problems within an hour. I can't say what the fix was because they did it for me. If only other tech support depts. responded so quickly and efficiently, naming no names of course. :wink:

I'd recommend doing the upgrade.
Emmy

Post by Emmy »

That's great, Bunny... I'm glad yours is upgraded and sorted. Yes, their support is amazing! Maybe now I've published it I can (well, perhaps next week now!) face going back and be objective, and try to use the new template.... and get it working properly. Really appreciate your feedback!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Emmy, don't start again from scratch; that would take forever. I'm sure PMP will help you put anything right if you cannot figure out how to resolve it. I just told them what the issues were and, hey presto, they did it for me. :D