Weebly or Promote My Place?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
mrsbarkay

Weebly or Promote My Place?

Post by mrsbarkay »

I am trying to decide which of these to use for my website. I'm not very technical so I need something simple to use!

I really like the look of the Weebly templates, more so than Promote my Place. But I have read many good things about PMP on here in terms of ease of use. How easy is Weebly to use for a novice?!

Also, I am going to be using PIMS so can I use the availability calendar from there to feed in to my website? Can I use this as my central calendar which would then feed in to other sites such as Holiday Lettings/AirBnb (if I choose to go down those routes)?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Hi mrsbarkay

I can't comment on PMP but I am a Weebly user, and a happy one! It's very easy to use - basically drag and drop - although you do have complete flexibility as well to edit templates via their html and css, so it's good for beginners who need do nothing more than fiddle with widgets, and also good for those who want to be a bit more independent. You can certainly add in a PIMS availability calendar (or any other one) simply by using the HTML element.

I don't use Weebly's own templates - I've bought templates from a third party and then customised them as I find their own a bit limited, but they're improving all the time and they're all now responsive, which is a bonus.
FelicityA

Re: Weebly or Promote My Place?

Post by FelicityA »

mrsbarkay wrote:I am trying to decide which of these to use for my website. I'm not very technical so I need something simple to use!

I really like the look of the Weebly templates, more so than Promote my Place. But I have read many good things about PMP on here in terms of ease of use. How easy is Weebly to use for a novice?!

Also, I am going to be using PIMS so can I use the availability calendar from there to feed in to my website? Can I use this as my central calendar which would then feed in to other sites such as Holiday Lettings/AirBnb (if I choose to go down those routes)?
You can certainly use a third party calendar on PMP but would not your Pims calendar be the main feed? I think your question is about Weebly though ( but I am not sure). If you do go with PMP and want a referral code I can PM you one which gives you a little discount.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

If having your own layout is important then I would go with Weebly. To me all PMP sites look almost identical and rather outdated, although I hear they've just introduced responsive themes finally.

Weebly is simple to use but still allow for a learning curve.

You may even find that having too much control over the layout is daunting, in which PMP may be better.

Best to have a try with both and see which one you feel most comfortable with.