Tourist Tax Costa Brava

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
UnaGodwin

Tourist Tax Costa Brava

Post by UnaGodwin »

Last year I was on this forum and got some invaluable advice on renting our property and the taxes involved(for a non resident ) .
We have decided to continue renting this year and have a financial agent who does our yearly non resident tax and our quarterly tax on rental income.So all sorted there.
We also have an agent in the area (Sant Feliux/S'Agaro who is advertising our property.. any bookings they take they will deal with passport info been passed to the police and also pay tourist tax.
My question is .. IF we take any bookings ourselves and are based here in the UK is there a way to handle this ? We can get copies of passports scanned to us , where then do we send them ? Author CostaBrava mentioned previously the Mossos d'Escudra .. is there a link to an online police register ? To enable me to register passports ?
I have downloaded the form 950 for the tourist tax, how often do you have to pay the tax ? Is it after each booking or is it collectively at the end of each quarter.
Can this be paid online ? or like CostaBrava said print it off and pay at a bank. If it is paid quarterly then this could be done as we can plan our visits.
One last point CostaBrava (thankyou for all your advise !) mentioned contacting Casa Nickel in Calonge as they might be able to assist ..
I did , no joy , phone number is dead.
I am determined to get all avenues understood and sorted !
I await any advise . Thanks again
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

https://www14.gencat.cat/mossos_hotels/ ... ode=create
https://www14.gencat.cat/mossos_hotels/ ... ode=create#
http://etributs.gencat.cat/es/programes ... turistics/
http://empresaiocupacio.gencat.cat/web/ ... postgb.pdf
Some of the sites you need. You can get Catalan translations from the google translator.
Have you done the general tax declaration for 2015? (not the tourist tax, I mean the Declaracion de Renta de Personas Fisicas that everybody has to do). This is very important to know before you get involved more.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Hello again. Welcome back to LMH.
Some more answers to your questions. I go away on holiday tomorrow for a couple of weeks so if there is anything else I'll answer when I come back.
1. I can't see how you can mix the two. If you have an agent doing it you will have to pass the passport details and tourist tax to him/her.
2. The 950 is one form for each property for each quarter that you have let the property. You don't need to do it if you don't have bookings. I do one in July for June bookings and one in October for Jul/Aug/Sept. The tax is 45 cents per day per adult up to a maximum of 7 days. So 2 adults and 2 kids (under 16) for 2 weeks is just €6.30. But you can't really do one and the agent do another.
3. For the Mossos it's even more difficult to separate. Either you or your representative has the login details and you must do it on arrival day or next day. It's all in Catalan.
3. For both of these things it is connected to how you set up the HUTG in the first place. If you did it yourself you have to do it yourself; the agent can't do it. If you set it up with a local representative then he/she must do it.
4. You MUST have a 24 hour phone number that your guests can contact here locally.
5. Your HUTG number MUST be visible in all your advertising. If there isn't a function in any website you use, you have to put it in yourself in the description or better still in the title.

Can you tell us your HUTG number? That way we can look it up and see how it is set up and advise you better. It is difficult to understand why you are even thinking of these moves and it seems to indicate that you don't quite have some of the things in place that you say you have. An agent can't just do it willy-nilly. You are usually free to get your own bookings but for the official stuff it has to be all or nothing. It is very time consuming especially entering all the passport details for each guest in the peak of summer and the agents hate it. (as do we all)
UnaGodwin

Tourist Tax Costa Brava

Post by UnaGodwin »

Many thanks for taking time to answer all my questions , everything is alot clearer now .