where to advertise a property in Italy

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
wanderer

where to advertise a property in Italy

Post by wanderer »

Hi there Italian property owners! Where apart from the big guys do you advertise? I see in France there are various alternative sites but here in Italy? Interested to hear your views. Saluti
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I listed on a lot of "little guys" when I first started however, the vast majority of bookings over the years have been from the "big guys" or my blog. Vrbo has always worked well for me - I tend to get mainly American couples. You may get different guests though depending on your location. Where is your house? You may be any to try a lot of different sites and just see. This is my listing that seems to get the most action:

https://www.vrbo.com/130707
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

I'm on Tripadvisor and Owners Direct.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

thankyou for your replies. I have been using homeaway for quite some time. I am in Friuli Venezia Giulia. I see in France they have different groups operating just wondered if there was anything similar in Italy.
NonnaGiulietta

Post by NonnaGiulietta »

CaseVacanza.it, from the guys of Immobiliare.it
Nonna Giulietta Apartment
NG on Facebook

God gave us the gift of speech, but has taken from us that of silence (Sergio Bolgeri, painter)
tavi

Post by tavi »

you could try Mediahols, (they have a version for every European country). No idea if they'd work for Italy but I've been very happy with them. Subscription only. They're owned by TA but have been left to themselves - so no commission, booking fees, online booking, ...simple dashboard, sms message with enquiry.

I get all my EU guests from there, Portuguese, French and Spanish, mainly. Nice guests too, pay top price (they usually book high season) and often turn into repeats.
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Many thanks for your additional suggestions - will take a look.
Ciao
redcoalcarpet

Post by redcoalcarpet »

Hi everyone. Just catching up and I saw Wanderer's question. Speaking as an owner in Sardinia, Italy I have to say the Italian domestic market was one I really thought we would do better with. I bought in 2008 and when I came across mediavacanze.com I thought they would be my main marketing. I have an Italian wife so I can assure you the ad was completely fluent and the guys there are doing their job as the enquiries certainly came in...however converting them was almost impossible. I think we were on it for 4 years with just 1 booking. I subsequently heard a comment about Italians. that they "...enquire for 1000 properties and then book somewhere else..." which just about sums it up.
My main source over the years has been OD (TripAdvisor) and HL (HomeAway) but even now when I see an Italian enquiry I almost can't be bothered. I just send a quote to keep my response rate up, and I don't even try to engage with the enquirer.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

redcoalcarpet wrote:Hi everyone. Just catching up and I saw Wanderer's question. Speaking as an owner in Sardinia, Italy I have to say the Italian domestic market was one I really thought we would do better with. I bought in 2008 and when I came across mediavacanze.com I thought they would be my main marketing. I have an Italian wife so I can assure you the ad was completely fluent and the guys there are doing their job as the enquiries certainly came in...however converting them was almost impossible. I think we were on it for 4 years with just 1 booking. I subsequently heard a comment about Italians. that they "...enquire for 1000 properties and then book somewhere else..." which just about sums it up.
My main source over the years has been OD (TripAdvisor) and HL (HomeAway) but even now when I see an Italian enquiry I almost can't be bothered. I just send a quote to keep my response rate up, and I don't even try to engage with the enquirer.
Yes - I have a similar experience, we are located near Bologna and running since 2005. I think we have had 4 bookings from Italians. I think most Italians have holiday homes or know plenty of folks that have homes and will happily ask to stay etc. I also think that the majority find the rates charged to the wider tourist market too expensive.