Check in time

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Wirksworth13

Check in time

Post by Wirksworth13 »

We have a 3pm check in time but have just received an email from a guest due with in the week saying they will be arriving at about 12 noon if that is convenient? No it isn't but how do I put that politely? Sometimes we can accommodate early arrivals but this is on a Tuesday and we both work and manage it ourselves. I set the 10am departure and 3pm arrival as I thought that was pretty standard (and they fit into our work times) as these are the times usually offered to us when holidaying in the UK............
First foray into this malarky
https://www.facebook.com/StayAtStemples/
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

We would offer to accept any luggage they wished to drop off prior to 3pm but would insist that no entry will be allowed as cleaning and preperation is in progress untill that time, simple!
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
salmoncottage

Post by salmoncottage »

Oops! This is in the wrong place.... :oops:
'Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside'
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

There's nothing wrong with your check in times, you'll always get people hoping to get in earlier /leave later... I guess they think they are the only people who ever stay at your place, or the holiday let/B&B room magically cleans itself! At least these guests had the courtesy to ask if it is convenient - I would get back to them and say, 'unfortunately as we require all the time between guests leaving and new guests arriving to ensure (holiday let name) is in the pristine condition you expect to find it in, we can't offer you an early entry.' followed by a couple of suggestions of where to visit, cafés etc.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

gitemontjoly wrote:There's nothing wrong with your check in times, you'll always get people hoping to get in earlier /leave later... I guess they think they are the only people who ever stay at your place, or the holiday let/B&B room magically cleans itself! At least these guests had the courtesy to ask if it is convenient - I would get back to them and say, 'unfortunately as we require all the time between guests leaving and new guests arriving to ensure (holiday let name) is in the pristine condition you expect to find it in, we can't offer you an early entry.' followed by a couple of suggestions of where to visit, cafés etc.
+1

Don't add any unnecessary pressure on yourselves. Even allowing them to leave cases may give them leeway to engage in conversation and distractions
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I am with Salmoncottage on this one and would offer to store the luggage whilst they found something to occupy themselves, I would even offer to phone them when they can get access, if they supplied a mobile number.
My view is that these people are paying a lot of money for their holiday and anything we can do to make them feel wanted is worthwhile.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Wrong forum to answer this one. Pop over to this duplicate for any further answers. viewtopic.php?t=25955&highlight=