Strangest enquiry yet

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ben McNevis

Strangest enquiry yet

Post by Ben McNevis »

Yesterday, I had this via OD for 16 April for 11 nights for 4 adults + 2 children:

Message from Mohamed Fawsan

i am sorry if i any hurt to u this is an automated msg

And the country code of the phone number is for Armenia. I can't quite get my head round it. What was the thinking, if any, behind it?
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

Sounds like he has typed his message in his own language and Google translated or something - possibly trying to say "Sorry if I cause any offence, this message is translated"???

Just one possible idea!
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

but there is no further message.

It might be coincidence but I was called today by ExoticHolidayrentals.com (usual Asian call centre) with the usual nonsense. Though I can't see how that would link up as they can get my phone number easily by just looking at the OD entry for our property.
Cheers, Ben

EdinburghCityApartments

Post by EdinburghCityApartments »

Ahhhh...exotic holiday rentals are just the worst! Was it Adam Smith by any chance? He's by far my favourite!

I've resorted to answering the phone but before he speaks, giving him the exact speech he gives me, even calling myself Adam Smith. Even he finds it a bit amusing now!
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

what? He of the Adam Smith Institute. I don't think so otherwise I would have remembered the absurdly western name.

I did get a very entertaining conversation though. It was over lunch time so I was much more up for a chat than when I'm wobbling at the top of a ladder.

He was absolutely definitely calling from London (Pimlico High Street) and the delay and echo on the line was because he was using an internet phone. He managed a fairly accurate description of the weather in london right down to the 8 degrees C and 80% humidity. Apparently, Scotland is part of England. Well, he lives in London so he knows that kind of thing. I think his real name must have been Asif.
Cheers, Ben

FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Ben McNevis wrote:what? He of the Adam Smith Institute. I don't think so otherwise I would have remembered the absurdly western name.

I did get a very entertaining conversation though. It was over lunch time so I was much more up for a chat than when I'm wobbling at the top of a ladder.

He was absolutely definitely calling from London (Pimlico High Street) and the delay and echo on the line was because he was using an internet phone. He managed a fairly accurate description of the weather in london right down to the 8 degrees C and 80% humidity. Apparently, Scotland is part of England. Well, he lives in London so he knows that kind of thing. I think his real name must have been Asif.
:D :D :D