Disrespectful guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

holidayloverxx wrote:I have used Belvilla for 5 years. My experience is similar. They treat homeowners as an inconvenience not a customer, they take ages to reply (and then the replies are often nonsense) the local agent might as well not be there and since they started using Booking.com I get loads of guests that just don't reply to emails and Belvilla just keep saying the email address is correct and that's that....

holidayloverxx - not replying to emails must be a Belvilla guest thing, because as we have said earlier, we hardly ever receive a reply from their guests after we email them detailed arrival information that the agency does not provide.

This we find extremely rude, because if we receive an email welcoming us from the owner of a property, be it a booking made directly with the owner (through listing site or not) or via an agency, we would always reply, even with just a short line. It's just common courtesy, isn't it!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

It is common courtesy to reply. Sadly, I think common courtesy is a thing of the past these days ...................
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Well (fingers crossed) I think that the guests who broke our gate have maybe accepted that it was their fault after all and have not complained to Belvilla that they have not received their €200 security deposit back from us. After being told by Belvilla that we had to pay the guests the security deposit back, we were worried that Belvilla might try to retain that amount from a future booking payment, but we haven't heard anything for several weeks now.

The cost to replace the gate was €260. After the 21% VAT refund on the invoice, it will mean that their security deposit covers all but €15.00

At the moment we do not have any future bookings from Belvilla which gives us a bit of a break from them, as this year has been pretty horrendous with regards to some of the groups that they have sent us.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Fingers crossed for you. Let's hope it all goes away and you can get on with receiving more respectful guests.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Mouse wrote:Fingers crossed for you. Let's hope it all goes away and you can get on with receiving more respectful guests.

Mousie
x
Thanks, Mousie. It has been thankfully very busy for us these last 2 months, but July is looking to be a disaster for us as only 1 week is booked so far.

Looking at our historical booking data over the last few years, we are normally full in July. But they were mostly bookings from OD and HA when their sites used to work for us....! :cry: