What Annoys You The Most!?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Moliere wrote:
AngloDutch wrote: Guests who unplug the power socket extention bars in the bedrooms and disconnect all the clock radios, because they need to charge their iphone, laptop, tablet, etc directly from the mains socket.
I don't quite get this, why do they have to use the mains socket rather than the extension lead? It seems a totally unnecessary palaver to me.

Confused Mols :?:
Maybe they unplug it because they don't want an LED digital display illuminating their room at night.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

Well I do have a lot of annoying problems to look forward too in the future.
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

Casscat wrote:
Moliere wrote:
AngloDutch wrote: Guests who unplug the power socket extention bars in the bedrooms and disconnect all the clock radios, because they need to charge their iphone, laptop, tablet, etc directly from the mains socket.
I don't quite get this, why do they have to use the mains socket rather than the extension lead? It seems a totally unnecessary palaver to me.

Confused Mols :?:
Maybe they unplug it because they don't want an LED digital display illuminating their room at night.
Exactly this. I don't need a clock radio... I have my phone...and i either unplug or cover anything with an LED
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Well I hate it when there is not a clock by the bed, so I take a travel clock with me everywhere. I never take my mobile into the bedroom. If I had to reach out and turn on my mobile to see the time, I would be well and truly awakened. I'd much rather just momentarily see the time and drift back off to sleep. If I didn't like the a led clock I would just turn it around to face the wall. Mine are not even red LED. They are black numbers against a very lightly lit background which is barely detectable.

I do like the bedroom to be dark though and far worse than a clock would be flimsy thin curtains that let the light flood in at the crack of dawn. I've got black out blinds as well as curtains in my cottage, but also a clock in every single room except the bathrooms!
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Casscat wrote:My mum takes her travel alarm with her when she travels. She doesn't expect a clock radio. I've stayed in a number of private holiday rental properties and I cannot recall any having a bedroom timepiece :D
When I used to travel a lot I always did that. Having been woken at the oddest times by clock radios, I always unplug them rather than spend 15 minutes trying to work out if the alarm is set.

Jonathan
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Jonathan wrote:
Casscat wrote:My mum takes her travel alarm with her when she travels. She doesn't expect a clock radio. I've stayed in a number of private holiday rental properties and I cannot recall any having a bedroom timepiece :D
When I used to travel a lot I always did that. Having been woken at the oddest times by clock radios, I always unplug them rather than spend 15 minutes trying to work out if the alarm is set.

Jonathan
That's reminds me of a story a friend of mine once told me... he was a policeman at the time and Tony Blair et al booked our local conference centre for a Labour Party conference. For a joke, they set the clock radios in the bedrooms to 4am. He doesn't know for sure whether it was a coincidence, but 9 months after the said conference, Leo Blair was born...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm having trouble with my home radio alarm. It is on hubby's side of the bed and has been for 31 years (before we were even wed :shock: ). The original one was replaced a couple of years ago for a DAB model, and was set up by hubby. It has woken us for the past 2 years with the Radio 4 Today programme, but for the past 3 mornings it has woken me at 5.20 with the switch over from BBC World Service to BBC radio 4. Obviously he has hit the wrong button on the top, and has failed to rectify the situation, so I have advised the person in charge of the radio alarm that he will have a letter from my solicitor on Monday if I am woken at 5.20 again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

HelenB wrote:I'm having trouble with my home radio alarm. It is on hubby's side of the bed
You mean you don't have one each? We have one on each side of the bed. The trouble is that we only know how to operate our own. OH gets up long before me and if he hits the wrong button it continues to go off every 10 minutes and I can't turn the dam thing off. I've nearly smashed it up several times. :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! We don't need two.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I've never had a radio alarm, but I've sometimes seen them in hotel rooms. They're usually built into the bedframe and have lots of incomprehensible buttons. As a further complication, I know nothing about foreign radio stations, so God knows what I'd find myself waking up to. Does anybody use them?

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Our radio alarm is on OH's side of the bed - but I don't need it. I have a cat alarm who has decided that shortly before 6am is a good time for cuddles and breakfast :roll: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Moliere wrote:I've never had a radio alarm, but I've sometimes seen them in hotel rooms. They're usually built into the bedframe and have lots of incomprehensible buttons. As a further complication, I know nothing about foreign radio stations, so God knows what I'd find myself waking up to. Does anybody use them?

Mols
Oh, the horror of finding a radio alarm in a hotel room. It still haunts me. Glaring at me, defying me to work out if it's been left to go off at some ungodly hour by a previous guest and not reset by the cleaning staff, and challenging me to trace the lead to unplug the ba$tard so there's no chance of it going off.
Loathsome things; Satan's invention, hence the evil glow they emit in an otherwise suitably darkened room. :twisted:
Isy

Post by Isy »

PW in Polemi wrote:Our radio alarm is on OH's side of the bed - but I don't need it. I have a cat alarm who has decided that shortly before 6am is a good time for cuddles and breakfast :roll: :lol:
PW in Polemi, we seem to have the same type of alarm clock lol Our cat alarm, goes off at 6.30am so more understanding than yours. And it has a snooze buttom (stopped for a few minutes and when you think he gave up, he comes back a few minutes later asking for breakfast)! It is so reliable that I don't need to set up my own alarm clock for school run lol
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

The last hotel I stayed in in Italy, had no curtains but shutters on the windows and no clock. I've never been in a bedroom so pitch black, but thought we would wake up naturally. The first morning we got up thinking we would amble down for a leisurely breakfast only to discover it was 11.00am. I was not happy to have missed my breakfast spread, which is one of the things I enjoy most about staying in a hotel.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Good ploy by the hotel!