Luke/ HA com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
AngloDutch

Luke/ HA com

Post by AngloDutch »

Received another phishing attempt purportedly coming from HA com (coming from 'sender@home-away.com.com')

Again, same #92289 property number, number looks like UK mobile but is 1 digit too short, oh.. and same 'God Bless You' at the end! As to what 'I will be cahat you more fully' means, I have no idea...

Property #92289

Dates Available
Flexible
14 nights
Guests 4 adults
Holidaymaker name Luke
Holidaymaker email Respond Your Dashboard

Holidaymaker phone + 774372238

Enquiry from HomeAway.com

Total rental amount 2.800,00 ¢æ
including taxes and fees

Please tell my if your vila is available for these dates To keep things simple for me from a correspondence point of view, I will be cahat you more fully from my 'home' address luke.morgan10 @ hotmail.com
Talk through website means I cannot easily keep all my correspondence in one place: where I want and need it.

Regards!
Luke

luke.morgan10 @ hotmail.com

God bless you
Luke
annafern

Post by annafern »

Well well Luke has been a busy boy! This has just come into my busineas email. So he must have googled the cottage to find my website and email address.

Not sure what his game is but may give him one of my polite replies!!
Hi, we were wondering if your property can be rented. I know it is a busy period, but maybe we can arrange something. My dates are flexible! Can you please send me a quote and a booking request so I can pay online through website if is possible.
I would appreciate if you can forward all the info to my Luke on his email address below:
luke.morgan10 @hotmail.com
👍
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

annafern wrote:Well well Luke has been a busy boy! This has just come into my busineas email. So he must have googled the cottage to find my website and email address.

Not sure what his game is but may give him one of my polite replies!!
Hi, we were wondering if your property can be rented. I know it is a busy period, but maybe we can arrange something. My dates are flexible! Can you please send me a quote and a booking request so I can pay online through website if is possible.
I would appreciate if you can forward all the info to my Luke on his email address below:
luke.morgan10 @hotmail.com
👍
It would be nice to receive a genuine enquiry from the HA group (OD, VR, HA) ....something that we haven't had since the beginning of March :cry:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Me too! But it came direct.

Mx
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
annafern

Post by annafern »

Actually quite topical as this week I have said goodbye to HA because of their new outrageous booking payment policy!!

The world without HA will be a far better place
:D
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

annafern wrote:Actually quite topical as this week I have said goodbye to HA because of their new outrageous booking payment policy!!

The world without HA will be a far better place
:D

We too have thought about what to do as well. But we have 20 reviews on VR alone, all 5 star, which would be a shame to lose. I think we will be switching to commission on VR and OD when our subs are up at the end of the year.
Otherwise it will be 1,000 Dollars/Pounds down the drain if we don't even get enquiries anymore (we had 15 bookings just from HA last year)...
annafern

Post by annafern »

If we all voted with our feet/fees they would suddenly change tack!
I never got a response from their sales team when I said I was leaving and my email had a question in it! They no full well they are loosing customers every second!
Stand up to them!