Isabella from Wimdu

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
AngloDutch

Isabella from Wimdu

Post by AngloDutch »

We have received what we believed is a genuine enquiry through Wimdu, but beginning to have our doubts:
Can you rent on a longer term? For example three weeks. Thank you and waiting for an answer.
When I right clicked on the photo of 'Isabella' in Chrome and did a search of the photo, the exact same photo appears in the search results, but it is of a French opera singer, Karine Deshayes ( exact same photo being used - http://www.dna.fr/edition-de-strasbourg ... e-deshayes ).

I have checked the Wimdu site (not via the link in the email) and the enquiry has definitely come through the Wimdu system (it's on our dashboard as well).

It could be someone just using an avatar, but our ABB account has been hacked twice in the last month as well, so maybe we are beginning to get paranoid with every enquiry we get now. We have replied from our dashboard and await to see what kind of reply we receive from 'Isabella'...
:shock: :cry:
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Very suspicious, even though the enquiry arrived through the dashboard. Interesting to hear what, if anything, Isabella (OKA Karine) has to say!
GRL

Post by GRL »

I have been inundated with spam enquiries from Wimdu over the last week but all direct into my email and nothing on the dashboard.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

AndrewH wrote:Very suspicious, even though the enquiry arrived through the dashboard. Interesting to hear what, if anything, Isabella (OKA Karine) has to say!
Nothing, Andrew, no reply at all. Thier Wimdu account is newly setup, with very limited details. If it is a scam, I have really no idea just what the scam is!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Rosie wrote:I have been inundated with spam enquiries from Wimdu over the last week but all direct into my email and nothing on the dashboard.
I am beginning to think that it's just not worth all the hastle to list on Wimdu, Rosie.
If you don't get any enquiries at all on a free listing ('theholidaylet' is a prime example), then you live in hope that the situation will change.
But when you just get scammers contacting you via a site's system (with normally the request to email them outside the site), or phishing emails coming directly to your inbox with an attached link, is it worth it?
In almost 4 years on Wimdu, just 2 enquiries at the beginning of last year, nothing since apart from a mass of scam enquiries this year....